cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 150

Re: BAD BAD MOTOGP COMMENTARY :-(

Sorry I meant to say if Jorge had won, it would have been the cherry on the top!
0 Ratings
T4R
Message 72 of 150

I really enjoyed the Eurosport commentary and it was the combination of JR, TM and to some degree the dry wit of Spalders that drew into watching MotoGP in the first place. Huewen is killing it for me and I can't listen to anymore. I'm not suggesting I could do any better, but there are those who can (MOODY et al.)  He constantly interrupts and talks over other people, he's repetitive, patronising, arrogant, rude and rarely shuts up. If a commentator hasn't got something interesting and/or relevant to say, then they shouldn't say anything ! He doesn't even have rudimentary understanding of the English language, for goodness sake.

Martin Brundle is an exception, as are the Australian Channel 7 V8 Supercars commentary team.  They all have the experience AND the intellect to be able to perform on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Heuven has neither as far as I can work. Neil Hodgson is another woeful example of an individual who can ride a bike, but sadly, he too cannot commentate at an acceptable level. Just because these people raced does not qualify them to perform one of the most difficult jobs in broadcasting. I'm not going to comment on the apparently random selection of studio presenters. I am a lost cause and won't be watching any more MotoGP until BT re-think their approach which I suspect is unlikely to happen. 

(And if anyone has any jobs going for Cisco CCNA to CCNP level network/security analyst/engineer please shout. Thank you.)

0 Ratings
allen507
Beginner
Message 73 of 150

I have just watched Moto GP qualifying and the commentary from Keith Huewen just gets worse and worse!! Please BT Sport get rid of this buffoon before the whole country switches off. I hate the commentary so much on BT Sport I have taken to watching with sound off!! I was never a great fan of Cox & Parish but they and the BBC's coverage was a 100 times better than the rubbish we have to listen to and watch now!!

0 Ratings
Doctor46
Beginner
Message 74 of 150

My god the commentary is still **bleep**, are Keith and Julian going to stop arguing and talk about the race, plus there STILL not showing the camera guys going down the grid on all the riders, I agree we need moody,ryder and spalders back together. Eurosport were the best.
0 Ratings
MotoGP_Steve
Beginner
Message 75 of 150

I've watched most of the TT I recorded now with Craig Doyle, Steve Parrish, Steve Plater and Jamie Whittam. What a top quality team.

BT Sport give us  Zippy and Bungle trying to learning on the job. I take it they commentated again at Catalunya last weekend, I would not know as I am still waiting for it to appear On Demand on the website.

**bleep**, I just missed it on ITV4 as well. I bet they don't take over 24 hours to post it online.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MotoGP_Steve
Beginner
Message 76 of 150

Well it does not get better does it.

Finally had Cataluya available on the Website, 2 days later. Great race, just a shame we've still got Zippy and Bungle commentating. When Bungle asks Zippy who their favourate is to win, you get an Er Er Er Dunno and then a little while later, "Mark Marquez". Really sticking you neck out their Zippy.

And what is racing "Armpit to Armpit" about anyway?

Sorry, I don't make a habit of Trolling, but really? Can't BT find a better bunch than these two arguing with each other and loosing the plot all the time? A bit more technical knowledge and general awareness please.

0 Ratings
T4R
Message 77 of 150

Racing "arm-pit to arm-pit" harks back several centuries to a far simpler time. During this period many men folk in villages throughout south western France and Spain were forced to go off to war and few returned from the field of battle. Those fortunate enough to return were highly sought after by young women and many would remain husbandless and were forced into a life of extreme poverty. In order to give all the women of the village a "fighting" chance, the young men had to climb to the summit of a distant hill. Two women had to race to be the first to climb the hill and claim their "prize". In order to add a little more excitement, the two women were forced to have their arm-pit hair braided and knotted together so they not only had to climb the hill but they were race togther arm-pit to arm-pit until one of the two was able to summon the strength to rip their pit hair apart.

Not many people know this.

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 78 of 150

@T4R wrote:

Not many people know this.

I'm not sure I'm any happier now for having read that! Man Surprised

To the topic ... KH and JR will be on season-long contracts (at least), so doen't expect them to be going anywhere any time soon.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
trilegs
Beginner
Message 79 of 150

just watched the Grand Prix of Catalunya...
K H should be asked to sit through his commentary. I really do not mean to be unkind but it's unbearable.
As the race starts he gets even more excited and not only talks over people but bellows.
is this the best BT can do?
J R is a keeper, only talks when he has something to add.
Go on K H, listen to your last race and be honest!
Trilegs ( not a hater)
0 Ratings
mjb2354
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 150

Well they've dumped Sykes, that's a start . Now if they just dump the rest (Julian excepted) & start all over again we might get somewhere although with their lack of awareness they'll probably employ the appalling Cox. For those of you who have only watched Motogp on BT or BBC I'm afraid you'll be comparing rubbish with rubbish. Eurosport is the only station that knows what a good commentator is. BT should watch World & British Superbikes on Eurosport to see how it should be done.

0 Ratings