I don't appear to have BBC4 HD or SD.

Be grateful for advice.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisB
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BBC 4 HD

If you have BBC1 SD you should have BBC4 SD. They're on the same multiplex.

BBC4 HD is only available from main transmitters and not relays.
0 Ratings
Mahler1860
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thank you.

I have found BBC4 SD, so you're telling me that I will not get it in HD via my BT box?

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 4 of 9

BBC4 is a broadcast channel via Freeview. The HD version is NOT available from relay transmitters. Your BT box also has multicast channels but these are NOT Freeview channels. So BBC4 HD is not an issue with BT but your local Freeview service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@ChrisBwrote:

BBC4 is a broadcast channel via Freeview. The HD version is NOT available from relay transmitters. Your BT box also has multicast channels but these are NOT Freeview channels. So BBC4 HD is not an issue with BT but your local Freeview service.

You might want to try the postcode checker function here to confirm what Freeview channels you should be receiving.

0 Ratings
Mahler1860
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

There's a further check you could do via the BBC checker here.

This also confirms local transmitter options, current status and, if you select one, further confirmation of the broadcast channels.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

If you are unable to receive BBC 4 HD Freeview you do have an option to use the BBC Iplayer available on your BT Tv/Youview  box. If you have  Select Prefered  Video Quality set   to Best Quality in your box BBC Iplayer Settings & Help  section you should be able to watch BBC 4 programming at a quality level better than the SD Freeview  Tv channel.

you can achieve this either by launching the iPlayer directly  from the Appa section , from the backwards EPG guide  or if you go to the SD channel and following the Hold Ok to restart in Player prompt.

0 Ratings
Mahler1860
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thank you but I am mostly frustrated by the fact that that I cannot record BBC4 HD because my particular genre is arts programming.

0 Ratings