cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

On 22nd February 2022 I decided to take advantage of BT's offer of 6 months Free Britbox subscription. Everything went well until 2nd March when BT TV performed an overnight software update. Now everything works except when I try to view any content on Britbox when I get a message, BBV3 Can't play video. I have followed all the procedures several times to try to rectify this. I contacted Britbox who seemed oblivious of BBV3 as does the helpline search on BT's webpages. What should I do now ? I am beginning to understand why they offer it free as I cerainly wouldn't pay for it if this sort of thing is to be expected.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BBV3

Go to solution

Well you seem to be able to launch Britbox  and presumably your signin on the BT Tv/Youview box is working as you are seeing the Britbox content displayed. The error code BBV3 suggests that it  a code  from Britbox App  rather than a BT  or YouView code. As you are experiencing it for all Britbox content I would be inclined to signout of the app on the the BT/Tv box and then sign back in (Sorry don't have an active Britbox subscription myself so cannnot give precise instructions). I would also try signing in to Britbox on another device to check that its is specific problems with accessing on one device  or a general problem.

Other more drastic courses of action might be doing a maintenance mode reset on your Youview box as Youview doesn't give the option to reinstall apps on a individual basis.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for that, have sorted it now via a 90 min chat with BT help line which resulted in a maintenance mode reset luckily carried out without problems or loss of recordings.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Jonty2 - I’m having the same issue - BBV3 coming up when I try to watch anything via the BritBox App on BT TV, it works fine on my tablet and phone. I’ve tried a maintenance mode software reset which hasn't worked. Did you do a software reset or factory reset in maintenance mode? My next option is a factory reset I think but just wanted to ask what actually worked for you. Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, I think it was a factory reset, I've had no problem since. Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Did the factory reset (keeping recordings) and worked ok. All content now playing on BritBox. Only issue I had was that following the factory reset the remote stopped responding and I had to reset it. Press home button and 9 until BT button flashes 3 times. Also had to log back in to all Apps and reschedule some future recordings that had disappeared. Existing recordings all retained though. All working ok now. Many Thanks and Best Regards