eddywatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT BOX OFFICE Wilder Vs Fury Question?

Go to solution

Hello

My parents have BT TV (youview box) and BT phone

NO sky 

If they wanted to order the fight they go to channel 494, create a PIN... then it gives you the option to buy there. Do you just click on BUY and its done? and you will be billed £19.95 on your next phone bill and thats it?

Thank you

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT BOX OFFICE Wilder Vs Fury Question?

Go to solution

Hi @eddywatson, yes you are correct. Go to Channel 494 and follow the order instructions, your parents should already have a PIN, the cost will be added to their next bill.

Here's a link fot FAQ's  https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/sport/box-office/faqs/

If your parents have forgotten their PIN there is a link in the FAQs on how to reset it.

0 Ratings
eddywatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the info!

Ive just noticed in the Pinned topic about BT Box Office it says:

• It's only available in High Definition (HD), not standard (SD)

Can I still view? I only have youview box and all BTsport channels I have are SD only

Thanks

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

My guess would be no, but this page https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/sport/box-office?s_intcid=con_intban_BTSportPortal_Boxing_Box...

which suggests that you will be able to watch via the app or PC. I would suggest calling BT to be sure.

0 Ratings
eddywatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

I phoned BT and got put through to different departments from BT sport to Telephone support and got nowhere!!!!!

what the **bleep**!!!! BT! all I wanted to know is:

I have BT SPORT SD channel, if I ordered the BT BOX OFFICE BOXING (fury Vs Wilder) would it be a waste of time? 

It then says it will be on BT BOX OFFICE SPORTS APP - which I had a simple question about but BT wanted to send me to pillar to post.

All agents had no idea what I was talking about and one wanted to add different people to the account WTF?!

Why can't BT train people so when questions are asked they have an answer!? is that too much to ask?!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

It will be largely irreverent as to what existing BT Sport channels you have, as the BT Sport Box Office  is seperate channel. What will matter is the broadband that your BT TV (Youview) service isconnected to. I believe that if it is copper broadband the channel will not be available whereas if it is fibre it will be.

0 Ratings
eddywatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Do you know if or when the BT BOX OFFICE app/online will become available?

Online or on the app

You’ll be able to watch on Mac or PC or on mobile devices with the BT Sport Box Office app for iOS and Android. Got Chromecast or Airplay? You’ll be able to watch on the big screen too.
Coming soon in time for the fight.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

have you checked the Google Play or IOS App Store as it looks to me that the app is already available for installation.

0 Ratings
eddywatson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Yes I have it on IOS. But when you go to sign in page it says:

"in order to use this app, you need a BT Sport Box Office account. Further details are on our website."

but on the website it says 

"Coming soon in time for the fight."

lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @eddywatson I'm very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced trying to order the fight and get information on it's availability. 

Would you please forward us your details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option. We would like to understand more about what has gone wrong for you so that we can improve the customer experience in the future.
Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings