Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iClosure
Message 1 of 5

BT Record Limit

Hello,

I series record LIVE NBA games, however everytime it records only 2:29:58 worth. Which results in me missing the end of every game...

Is there a limit to the length of each record or am I missing something?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Record Limit

Hi @iClosure and welcome.

Does the game overun on the programming schedule?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
iClosure
Message 3 of 5

Hi David,

That, I am not sure. It records overnight.

Just seems to happen on every record! Records done by time and not TV show?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

For live events particularly it is advisable to record subsequent programs in case of overruns.

Whereas Premier League and Premiership Rugby and Champions League schedules often allow for extensive punditry and analysis post match many of the overseas sports feeds when scheduled in the EPG only allow for the expected live game duration. Frustrating I know but at least NBA games  start at set times whereas some sports e.g. Tennis  are weather dependent , of very variable length and often depend on the conclusion of the previous match.

BT could reduce the incidence of missing conclusion of your NBA matches by scheduling  a longer duration in the EPG but often you will find that the immediate following program is also a live sports coverage so that itself is no solution. OF course if there was an Accurate Recording system that was fully functional and supported by all the broadcasters that would help considerable.

So in your case currently recording the next programs in the half hour that follows the scheduled end of your NBA is probably the current workaround.

0 Ratings
Lvl_chg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately I've been asking about this for years you which BT have done nothing!

The only solution is to manually go through the guide and record the next program after every game 😞
0 Ratings