cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enix
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT SPORT APP ON XBOX ONE

Why is there no BT Sport app for Xbox One?  Can we make this happen, please!  There are so many apps on Xbox one, but no BT Sport!  Add your support here so we can make this happen.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MrAndy
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT SPORT APP ON XBOX ONE

I totally agree.

Why no XBOX or PS4 apps?  Even more incredibly why no Windows 10 app?  Used on HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of PCs and tablets yet no app.  You have to use a browser with Silverlight plugin which is no longer supported in almost all recent browsers....

I'm guessing their buisness model is to push everyone to their BT TV Service (so you are tempted to purchase additional content - and potentially pay a monthly subscription).  If you don't have an IOS device or certain restricted versions of Android then BT don't seem to want to offer an App.

So it's all about profit and money chasing rather then supporting a fair range of devices.  The answer in life is always to follow the money line and you will find the answer for profit making organisations with share holders.  Sad but just the way it is.

You never know, BT may get outbid next time around and lose football etc.  After all UEFA etc will do the same, follow the money to the highest bidder!  So until it's written into the BID contract that the winner must deliver apps for platforms a,b,c, d etc nothing will change.  So even UEFA etc need to take a little bit of the blame!

0 Ratings
jaswri
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT SPORT APP ON XBOX ONE

BT are so out of touch with what thier customers actually want. They just seem to be one step behind. Trying to push yesterdays technology. I have an Xbox 1, pc, ps4 and amazon fire tv box gen 2 along with my bt tv box. Unfortunately due to lack of funding, not on my behalf as my bill has gone up and up with no noticable improvement, I cannot get superfast fibre as I'm unlucky enough to live too close to an exchange. Ever tried watching standard BT sport channels on a UHD tv? Kinda defeats the point. So I watch via the BT sport app on my amazon fire tv box. So much better. Back to the original post. Now TV by Sky runs sweet as on PS4 and well (better on PS4 though) on Xbox 1. How hard is it to get with it BT. Just, just, just BT stop spending our money on buying all the football and improve the service. 

0 Ratings