cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tv123
Beginner
Message 1 of 32

BT SPORT GRAPHIC WILL DESTROY TELEVISIONS

The Digital on screen graphic displaying 'BT SPORT 1 HD' and 'BT SPORT 2 HD' in the bottom right hand corner of the screen needs changing or it will destroy peoples tv's. As it is not transparent as on most other channels it will cause 'burning in'. This happens because of the still image being in the same place for an extending amount of time. It has cost me one tv due to the same thing on another channel.

There is a simple solution, BT SPORT need to make it transparent like on most other channels. It will still be seen and wont cause the viewers having to buy new tvs every 3 months. Im pretty sure if it is not changed people will start unsubscribing when they start to notice the damage to there screens after a couple of weeks.

Heres some information on burn in if your not sure what it is - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_burn-in

Hopefully BT listen as I dont want to risk having my tv ruined therefore if it isnt sorted soon I along with alot of others im sure will be unsubscribing.

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
tv123
Beginner
Message 2 of 32

Re: BT SPORT GRAPHIC WILL DESTROY TELEVISIONS

Amazing to think that in 2013 a channel would launch and have its channel ident in colour. If you go through the channels on your tv most either have no ident in the corner or in is a grey/white/transparent design. The reason channels choose those colours are simply for the reason of avoiding 'burn in'. BT SPORT need to sort it.

BT TAKE A LOOK AT OTHER CHANNELS AND YOU WILL SEE THERE IS A PATTERN. YOU WILL RUIN YOUR CUSTOMERS TV'S AND COMPUTERS.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
paultnl
Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Only watched one match on my LG plasma and it is already showing signs of burn.

0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 4 of 32

It should definitely be at 40% opacity or less - like pretty well every other major channel. Apart from the burn-in issue (on some TVs especially new plasmas) it's a basic rule of thumb that no static TV channel logo should be opaque!

Ludicrous and annoying - come on BT TV wake up.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 32

This is only an issue on Plasma TVs. LCD/LED TVs do not burn in.
0 Ratings
mikeguitar
Contributor
Message 6 of 32

Anyone stiil watching on phoshpor dot crt sets also will suffer burning of the screen in the area of the graphic

0 Ratings
paultnl
Contributor
Message 7 of 32

Given that Plasma is generally regarded as superior for watching fast moving action such as sports and movies, this is an issue that needs resolving urgently before people start billing BT for damaged sets.

0 Ratings
SRT
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 32

Totally agree. BT you need to do some research and address this issue. Sky and BBC have examples so why so thoughtless?
0 Ratings
tv123
Beginner
Message 9 of 32

THE ONLY WAY BT WILL LISTEN IS IF WE ALL COMPLAIN. EVERY ONE COMPLAIN HERE - https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2NDIiLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdG... AND THEY WILL SURELY DO SOMETHING. NO CHANNEL SHOULD HAVE DOGS LIKE BT SPORTS ANYMORE.

ALSO BURN IN DOES HAPPEN ON LCD/LEDS ASWELL. I STILL HAVE MY OLD LCD AS PROOF. TOTALLY WRECKED.

BT WONT ACT UNLESS WE COMPLAIN. IF YOU DO SUBMIT A COMPLAINT LET US KNOW IN HERE.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 32

The on screen graphics wont destroy your tv and you'd have to be incredibly stupid to have this happen..

On screen graphics will only 'burn' a screen if you have it on the same channel showing an ident in the same place 24/7/52. If you're really worried, turn down your contrast and brilliance a little when viewing these screens.

I suspect BT will move the ident from time to time much like other channels do.

Nothing to bother about, move along Smiley Happy

0 Ratings