Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave909
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport 4K removed from my package

Go to solution

As per mentioning in other threads, does anyone have any idea why BT Sports 4K has been removed from my TV package?.  I've had this channel from day 1, which I've confirmed by checking the contract details from Jan 2018 and was watching it in the last month.  This channel is no longer available to me and is showing as suggesting I now need to upgrade to get it despite having as said, always had it.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport 4K removed from my package

Go to solution

hi @dave909  have you changed or renewed any part of your BT  package  either online on the last month ?

Also if you run the My BT app and select the package option what is the title of the TV package -- is it for example BT TV Max , or BT TV Max HD or something else/

0 Ratings
dave909
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17  having spoken to someone from BT via PM what looks to happened is when I renewed June 2018 that BT "accidentally" downgraded our TV package from TV Max 4K to TV Max HD.  I never realised there was such a slight difference that means one has the 4k channel and the other doesn't, why would I as I still had the BT Sports 4K anyway up until the last month or so. 

So how come I retained the BT Sports 4K channel for nearly a year after I was "accidentally" downgraded when its not part of the package?.  Well it appears they also "accidentally" forgot to remove BT Sports at the time they downgraded the TV package and only a recent "audit" of customers packages flagged the issue and they then removed it without saying anything.  Somewhat annoyed that they assumed I was getting a channel I shouldn't be getting an revived it without saying anything than realising they "accidentally" downgraded the TV package in error.

Result is I'm told they are putting it back on again but a technical new 18 month contract with a note to say the 18 months can be disregarded if I choose to still want to give the 30 days notice or see out the remaining several months.  But slightly cheaper so will keep it I'm thinking.  Then I mentioned about the broadband being out of sync if I kept the TV package, they offered a slight reduction on that to to renew that.  So a £3.50 per month reduction instead of a £4.00 rise is not a bad result, not great but seeing as I'm now paying £40.99 for Infinity & TV Max 4k I'm quite happy with that.

Only issue is that as they put both orders through at different times that they don't look to be able to complete the broadband refresh until the TV Max 4K goes active.  Told I have an order with another company and so can't complete the broadband order lol.  Can't make this up, hopefully it will be resolved today.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @dave909  Did you get this sorted later on that day? 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
dave909
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@JohnC2 , sorry for the late reply, but yeah it did all get sorted, but the next day, 2 separate agreements to confirm things.  I think the delay as said was possibly caused because the correcting the TV part to re-add the 4K sports took time to start, thus having a knock on affect getting the confirmed agreement for the broadband too.  

But yeah, 4K sports sorted & broadband also reset at a slightly cheaper price than before, happy with that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @dave909  and good to hear all got sorted out for you.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
dave909
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, maybe, just maybe sensible dialogue is often all that's needed to resolve the uncomfortable issue that was both an unwanted price rise and noting the loss of  the 4k channel due to an error that sensible dialogue to a moderator behind the scenes so to speak revealed an error on BT's side.

I wasn't asking for the best ever discount, in fact I never pushed for any discount as such, only by default correcting the TV package to add the 4K channel  meant a £1 reduction over before.  And even though by I was told it meant refreshing to a new 18 month contract I was told by the helpful moderator who helped deal with everything that a note would be added to the system to say its a correction and I could still leave after either the 1 month notice period (due to the price rise) or the remaining several months contract expires, so I was fine with that.

Confirming I could even keep that price for 18 months if I wanted I asked was anything available to reset the broadband & phone line.  Well they came back with a £2 reduction on that to.  Never pushed for a discount, but very happy to see a £3.50 discount over a £4 rise.  Worth renewing for 18 months that seeing as I would have otherwise dropped the TV and an example of just how helpful the moderators can often be 🙂 

0 Ratings