cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoeSzyslak
Beginner
Message 1 of 1

BT Sport Box Office missing on Youview platforms (was asked to post this!)

*** Please kindly read through as Plusnet and BT have asked me to drum up some support for this to finally get the Box Office Channel available on the Plusnet TV platform ***

Ok, so I've been speaking to BT, Plusnet and Youview for the past 3 months or so ever since BT Sport changed their format they have now added the Box Office channel to their packages and due to this it's pretty much messed up the BT Sport package on the Youview platform due to the new Box Office channel not appearing in the channel list.

I have Youview via Plusnet TV and I know this is a budget TV platform however this is part of the perks of being a Plusnet customer (just like how you get mates rates on their sim cards) so I feel it's very unfair that certain customers lose out on access to the BT Sport Box Office channel. Because BT changed their format where they build up events on the channels you now can't watch the events or have the option to do this due to no channel access in the channel list.

All the other platforms have now been updated with a simple scan and the channel now appears in people's channel lists apart from a select few BT Sport subscribers on certain platforms.

I've been given various workarounds but honestly it's all a bit much, they mentioned to me to buy a Chromecast which I did but for some reason it was very temperamental as when casting my PC to the TV it would lag quite badly so I'm not going to purchase events with this in mind, I have no spare HDMI sockets in my TV so had to buy an extension (My TV is mounted on my wall so I can't get behind to keep changing), it's just hassle after hassle and a lot of people don't want to be buying events to sit and watch on their phone or a laptop etc.. it needs to be on our TV like it is for everyone else. I did also try a few workarounds with them but nothing helps such as a PS4 app but they said no, I asked about Now TV as I have a Now TV box, but again, they said no, I asked about an app as I have a Smart TV, again, no, it's not really accessible as much as it should be, specially for BT Sport subscribers too, none of us should be left out from this just because they changed their format as we have all these events building up on the regular channels yet not able to watch them as we could before BT decided to bring in this Box Office channel (which is fair enough, as I have no problem in paying for events if that's what they want but they won't even make it accessible for us).

I've spoken with BT, Plusnet and Youview and BT and Plusnet said if there's enough demand they will add it to the channel lists and this is why I was asked to start a thread here as they've all agreed it's unfair some BT subscribers are left out without access to it, it's like watching a movie on not being able to access the final scene.

I've spoke with BT, Plusnet and Youview a few times and it's simple how it works, the channel will appear in the channel list explaining how to purchase the events (either online, calling a number or possibly through the channel) and then we'll pay for the event with our credit or debit cards and the channel will appear (the same way channel packages do when they add to your bill).

It really is a case of the channel just needs to be added to the channel list which I know can be done as I've been speaking to BT, Plusnet and Youview about it for around 3 - 4 months and I've been told on numerous occasions it can be done it's just the demand needs to be there (honestly, I think it should come as default but this is the reason for this thread as I was asked to do this to drum up a bit of support).

I really wanted to purchase the Tyson Fury fight (it felt like I was begging them to be a customer) which is why I contacted them soon as I heard about this BT Box Office channel coming in (September I believe it was launched) so I wanted to get in quick to give them time to try sort it but I failed in regards to this, I couldn't get the fight in the end so ended up missing it and I really wanted to buy the Josh Warrington fight on the 22nd December but again, wasn't able to do it because I simply have no access to the BT Sport Box Office channel (As explained, it needs to be on my TV).

Basically there are a couple of platforms such as Plusnet that have a BT Sport customers yet they are left with an incomplete package now and because most of the events are now built up and put on Box Office, it's starting to make the regular BT Sport channels a little bit pointless now.

Not only that but this is losing business for BT and Plusnet too, I know friends who are recently on Plusnet broadband and I've mentioned about the TV package but they said they're not getting it if they can't have the option to watch the events they build up to (which I understand), so Plusnet and BT are losing a marketing deal there with having an incomplete package now as this comes with Plusnet as a perk for being a customer and BT also benefit from this.

It's knocking back business too as I'm sure there's many people on Plusnet/Youview TV who would purchase the events too if we had them available to us or access to the channel as friends and family often chip in to buy these events too, as well as people buying them themselves also.

Like any business the more it's available to the more you're going to sell and it's kinda unfair some BT subscribers have been left out and no workaround has been done to consider us and at least make the channel available due to how important it is to have this channel with BT changing their format and the way they air their events.

We just need the channel available in the channel list that's all to at least have the option of purchasing these events just like everyone else, once this is there it will be sorted, feel fair and everyone will be happy.

So all I ask is for people to support this as obviously to some people it's important and quite heartbreaking really.

As Plusnet and BT told me, if the demand is there they will add it to the channel list but as of now they have no plans to do so because they don't feel enough people want it (which I find quite unfair) which is why one of the higher up's who called me a week or so ago asked me to drum up some support here and then finally we can get the channel added to the channel list just like everyone else Smiley Happy

Thanks for kindly reading anyway, I'm sure there's more I could mention here about all this as it has been a long time I've been banging my head trying to stress how important this channel is to be available for us as part of the BT package, once this is sorted everyone will be very happy as there will be more business for Plusnet and BT and of course those people (like myself) who really want this will FINALLY be able to access this like everyone else who has a BT Sport package from their provider.

Thanking you kindly in advance for reading through and hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings