cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 26

BT Sport DTT - Channels 57, 58, 59

For those looking to get BT Sport over the aerial.

Three new channels appeared on my Freeview TV and BT Vision+ box today.

57 - BT Sport

58 - BT Sport 1

59 - BT Sport 2

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
michael21
Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Re: BT Sport DTT - Channels 57, 58, 59

Have they lost LCN 41 & 42?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 26

No idea what is happening with 41 and 42.

Don't know if 57, 58, 59 are permanent positions or just temporary, but they are listed under COM6 here.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html

And why are there three channels?

Has anybody actually been set up for BT Sport using a viewing card yet?

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 26

I don't believe any viewing cards have been sent out yet - certainly my father in law is still waiting for his and was told on the phone last week that it was still in process.
0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 5 of 26

@umpire wrote:

No idea what is happening with 41 and 42.

Don't know if 57, 58, 59 are permanent positions or just temporary, but they are listed under COM6 here.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html

And why are there three channels?

Has anybody actually been set up for BT Sport using a viewing card yet?

Good question. Could they be buying TUTV's slot to put ESPN on DTT?

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 26

Well,

Previously I used the viewing card to get ESPN(34) SS1 & SS2 (41 & 42).

Then I upgraded to Infinity a few weeks ago and

41 & 42 are now SS1 & SS2 via Infinity

BT Sports 943 - 946 via. Infinity

ESPN 34 via. Infinity

However, I never removed my card and now in addition to the above I can receive 57, 58 & 59 via. my aerial.

I wonder if this will always be the case or if at some time they will be blocked?

Now for some real speculation.

I had the message advising me that SS1 & SS2 & ESPN infinity channels will be reallocated to another channel number.

Wouldn't it be really BT to a tee if they kept channels 41 & 42 for SS1 & SS2 via. aerial because of all the fuss.Smiley LOL

We would then have

41 SS1

42 SS2

57 BTS

58 BTS

59 BTS

All via. aerial.

I know about the post from the Mods and all the letters (I had one to) and all the other hype but I would not be at all surprised.

All the best

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

@tellboy wrote:

Well,

Previously I used the viewing card to get ESPN(34) SS1 & SS2 (41 & 42).

Then I upgraded to Infinity a few weeks ago and

41 & 42 are now SS1 & SS2 via Infinity

BT Sports 943 - 946 via. Infinity

ESPN 34 via. Infinity

However, I never removed my card and now in addition to the above I can receive 57, 58 & 59 via. my aerial.

I wonder if this will always be the case or if at some time they will be blocked?

Now for some real speculation.

I had the message advising me that SS1 & SS2 & ESPN infinity channels will be reallocated to another channel number.

Wouldn't it be really BT to a tee if they kept channels 41 & 42 for SS1 & SS2 via. aerial because of all the fuss.Smiley LOL

We would then have

41 SS1

42 SS2

57 BTS

58 BTS

59 BTS

All via. aerial.

I know about the post from the Mods and all the letters (I had one to) and all the other hype but I would not be at all surprised.

All the best

Impossible. There is no capacity on DTT for it.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 26

There will be before the end if the year though - the BBC capacity on the HD mux will become available again after November and then there will be the additional temporary 600MHz muxes.

However both options will use DVB-T2 so BT would need to distribute a new Vision box (as the Youview boxes don't have card slots).
0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

@Colin_London wrote:
There will be before the end if the year though - the BBC capacity on the HD mux will become available again after November and then there will be the additional temporary 600MHz muxes.

However both options will use DVB-T2 so BT would need to distribute a new Vision box (as the Youview boxes don't have card slots).

The costs are astronomical. Even if there was capacity, there is no way BT would pay for SS channels on DTT just to service their 15,000 non-fibre SS customers.

0 Ratings
OwenoWent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

So, I'm a bit confused. I'm interested in getting BT Sport, but planned on just using my Infinity subscription to watch on iPads, iPhones and computers. But this morning, my Panasonic TV prompted me to retune and the above mentioned BT Sport channels have appeared on my planner - this changes everything!! I have no interest in upgrading to BT Vision or BT TV, but if I could pay a one-off fee to watch BT Sport through my aerial, then that would interest me!

The channels are listed as encrypted at the moment, so I guess I'd need a common interface card of some sort, but haven't heard BT flogging these. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
0 Ratings