Did you mean: 
Timmmm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 131 of 263

Re: BT Sport Europe Presentation

I've had an update from BT.

The red button version of BT Europe without the news etc will be available in

"Prefer weeks but could go into 4-6"

So this isn't looking like a quick fix at all!

Also disapointing for any Sky customers that they will only be able to record with the news element present.

0 Ratings
PoC
Message 132 of 263

I'm amazed by this. I thought for a premium channel it would be a given that you would be able to view it in full view without all the distractions around the screen.

It is completely irrelevant most of the time and it really does take away the enjoyment from watching the repeats.

Please sort it out for the weekend before Serie A starts!

0 Ratings
CelticFan
Beginner
Message 133 of 263

I really think BT have messed up here.

They had the opportunity to be the one place to be a European Football fan's dream, with the amount of repeats they actually show on the channel, it should be great.

But the news and fixtures tickers have made it a complete nightmare and a real struggle to watch.

0 Ratings
4candles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 134 of 263

@Timmmm wrote:

I've had an update from BT.

The red button version of BT Europe without the news etc will be available in

"Prefer weeks but could go into 4-6"

So this isn't looking like a quick fix at all!

Also disapointing for any Sky customers that they will only be able to record with the news element present.

I think we need to make sure BT know that this solution won't stop the complaints.  At least, it's not a satisfactory solution for me.  I subscribed to BT TV on the back of the announcement of the BT Sport Europe channel, and expected that channel to follow standard broadcasting practices - i.e. showing the programmes advertised in full-screen HD and with the ability to record in that format.

We've already endured nearly 3 weeks of this, and BT have endured complaints since day 1 - it's about time BT simply turned off their "L" graphics 24 hours a day, as they seem to be able to do overnight and during live programming.

0 Ratings
DeanoR
Message 135 of 263

I agree! We have to keep the complaints going until they take the hint that nobody likes it!

I've just submitted an extra response to my complaint

0 Ratings
Mikey47
Contributor
Message 136 of 263

Trying to watch Valencia vs Monaco on Sky on x2 on red button. The SD quality is very poor and hard to watch.
If this is what the red button alternative to the L screen then it is totally unacceptable. It is not the right solution. The info has to be on the red button.
0 Ratings
ozzymegan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 137 of 263

They really don't care about viewer feedback do they! Several complaints later and we are still here.

0 Ratings
Stephen_1964
Beginner
Message 138 of 263

it was good to see some of the Champions League repeats in full screen earlier today, I just hope they can do this with the European games over the weekend, I doubt it though which is a shame.

0 Ratings
PaulLFC
Contributor
Message 139 of 263

@Mikey47 wrote:
Trying to watch Valencia vs Monaco on Sky on x2 on red button. The SD quality is very poor and hard to watch.
If this is what the red button alternative to the L screen then it is totally unacceptable. It is not the right solution. The info has to be on the red button.

While it requires an extra purchase, I'd advise a Chromecast if on Sky - the phone/tablet app shows the Extra games in HD, which can then be sent to the TV through Chromecast. Quality isn't as good as a normal HD satellite channel, but I compared Valencia vs Monaco through Chromecast and on Sky SD red button, and the app stream was far, far better.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Neil-Mason
Beginner
Message 140 of 263

The coverage is great for the Live games but as soon as the L comes back it looks so amateur! Why are BT imcapable of listening to us?

0 Ratings