cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4candles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 181 of 263

Re: BT Sport Europe Presentation

Tried again to watch this channel tonight.  Fine up to 10.30pm, but then the "L" comes, and that's the sign to leave.

It really looks like BT don't want people to actually watch the channel...  Without the "L", it would definitely be my favourite UK sports channel, but with it, it ceases to exist in my mind.

Mikey47
Contributor
Message 182 of 263

While the Man U game was on I tried to watch another on the red button on Sky. The quality in SD was so poor as to be unwatchable.

If the red button option for getting rid of the L is to put the full screen football on the red button then that is not going to work.

The only way to stop all these complaints is to leave the full screen on HD and the L on the red button in SD.

0 Ratings
neila4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 183 of 263

Look at BT Sport Europe now! Just look at it! Look at the scores on the screen. It's massive and in the middle at the top!!!! Omg.
0 Ratings
Mikey47
Contributor
Message 184 of 263

The layout is the local broadcaster. Not BT.
0 Ratings
neila4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 185 of 263

Yes maybe. Bet Sky would have just asked for the feed without the dog though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 186 of 263

@neila4 wrote:
Yes maybe. Bet Sky would have just asked for the feed without the dog though.

Please!!!!!!!!

Sometimes no one has a clean feed, so don't start with that kind of silliness of 'Sky would have...' 

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 263

This is purely a weekend channel because of the "L".

As a devotee of European football, I would avidly record and watch the Bundesliga and Serie A marathons on Monday and Tuesday mornings if those highlights were shown in full screen. As they are destroyed by the "L", I don't bother.

My viewing is now restricted to full screen broadcasts of live matches and the weekend overnight highlights shows that are now - after much prevarication - also broadcast in full screen. That means the vast bulk of the channel's output - output that I am avidly interested in - is now ignored by me.

I'm amazed that they've managed to reduce what should be a fantastic channel to such a profoundly disappointing experience.

0 Ratings
4candles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 188 of 263

In the latest reply BT have sent to my complaint, they said the following:

"In the meantime, just to make you aware, that between midnight and 06:00 the ‘L’ bar does not appear and all games are repeated through the week during this slot in full frame."

This seems to be saying that the L is never being broadcast between those hours, 7 days a week. 

But this doesn't really help me, as I'm more interested in just dipping into the channel "live" during the evenings or during the days at weekends, and then the L is there, so I quickly dip out.  I'm generally asleep between midnight and 6am...

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 189 of 263

Same here. I saw the launch of BT Sports Europe as a means for me to follow European football more closely, watching some back games and dipping in and out of BT Europe along they way.

As it is, with the "L Bar" and BT's refusal to remove it, I don't even look at the channel. I just reserve it for live games which I will congratulate BT for their coverage, with their extra channelsand the BT Sports app - all great.

But as for non live, what a waste of a sports channel.

stew

0 Ratings
Mikey47
Contributor
Message 190 of 263

I've just had the latest email from the BT Fan Forum and the survey included is all about the "L"!!!!!!!

So I was able to tell them exactly what I thought. Hope you all get your invite soon. Enjoy.

0 Ratings