cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neila4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 211 of 263

Re: BT Sport Europe Presentation

So do I watch BT SPORT EUROPE showing a National League game ( which I have an interest in ) but with the STUPID L INFO BAR **bleep** or Spain vs Slovakia on Sky Sports 5. No brainier isn't it.

Q - Hey Sky. Why don't you put an L shaped info section on any of your channels?

A - Because it'll lose us viewing figures, people don't want to see the score flash up for the match their watching when not live. You can't focus on a match and information being thrown at you at the same time. We think it'll confuse our customers as they won't know what to expect from the channel whether it will be there or not. And it's stupid, amateurish and we know what we're doing.
0 Ratings
secondtoughest
Aspiring Contributor
Message 212 of 263

I've just started watching this channel and therefore just found out about the unbelievably terrible decision to present it this way. Where's the best place to complain? Email / Twitter / letter?

0 Ratings
PaulLFC
Contributor
Message 213 of 263

@secondtoughest wrote:

I've just started watching this channel and therefore just found out about the unbelievably terrible decision to present it this way. Where's the best place to complain? Email / Twitter / letter?

The best place to complain is probably the BT Sport complaint form on BT's website here: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,6564 - it means BT have to respond, although they have 10 days to do so, and you'll likely get a copied and pasted response similar to the rest of us. I replied to the "resolution" email stating I didn't consider it a good enough response and got a more personal reply, so that's another option.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
neila4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 214 of 263

I just complained about it. Let's see what they say. Probably just tell me that they know better than me I expect.
0 Ratings
AlanS
Aspiring Expert
Message 215 of 263

I just complained too!!

0 Ratings
ThomasAdams
Beginner
Message 216 of 263

The EPG is taking a while to update for the weekend!

I assume it will be the same as previous 2 weeks but it would be nice if they could update it earlier...
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 217 of 263

Obviously I don't get out much: I think I may have discovered the reason for the L.

I think it's for Pubs that only have BT Sports, and is therefore a replacement for Sky Sports News for these establishments to have on when BT has no live sport.

At least that's what one pub had on when I was trying to find a pub showing the Wales game (which was on Sky) on Sunday.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 218 of 263

Yes it appears  designed for the casual viewer weho looks up at the screen ocasionally  rather than the armchair viewer.

0 Ratings
4candles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 219 of 263

@GarethW wrote:
I think it's for Pubs that only have BT Sports, and is therefore a replacement for Sky Sports News for these establishments to have on when BT has no live sport.

Yes, I agree - that's been mentioned before in this (now too long to read) thread.  Things do make sense when you realise this - e.g. BT's "solution" of making the (HD on all platforms) default channel contain these graphics, and push the full-screen version to a (SD via Sky) red button service.  Pubs are unlikely to want to put on the poor quality Sky SD feed.

In BT's last response to my ongoing complaint all they've said is "We've forwarded your suggestions onto our broadcasting team, so they are now aware of your feedback."

I think I'm resigning myself to the fact that BT are willing to accept the complaints in order to please the pubs, at least until they launch a proper sports news channel.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 220 of 263

BT could quite easily cater for both by giving the viewer the option. By way of red button or by some other means.

As it stands at the moment, there seems to be a number of customers, me included, who will just not watch the channel while the banner is showing.

Stew

0 Ratings