cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 161 of 263

Re: BT Sport Europe Presentation

I have decided to series record all the live games on BT Sports Europe. Problem is my Youview Box is recording both the HD version which I arrranged, but at the same time it is recording the SD Version.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Stew
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 162 of 263

@StewM wrote:
I have decided to series record all the live games on BT Sports Europe. Problem is my Youview Box is recording both the HD version which I arrranged, but at the same time it is recording the SD Version.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Stew

Yes ... I raised the issue on both this community forum and also the Youview own community

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Youview-Champions-League-Series-record/td-p/1522373

I believe that the metadata and EPG data that Bt representatives have been providing Youview to be imperfect and Youview's logic in determining next available program to include in a series record to be flawed.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 163 of 263

Thanks Zulu. I had missed your posts.

Stew
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 164 of 263

I have now deleted these series recordings (it is preventing me recording other programmes). I am now watching less European football than I previously thought I would, and in-turn less BT Sports Europe. Was that BT intensions when it launched this channel?
Shame really BT have not made the experience of watching good for me personally, but perhaps they know what they are doing?

Stew
neila4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 165 of 263

They don't. No-one is steering the ship there. It's all over the place.
0 Ratings
ozzymegan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 166 of 263

I still can't believe the news graphics are all over the channel, they must be getting a lot of complaints if they are re-writing the EPG to provide a comprimise.

It's a step forward, but the channel needs to be in full screen mode all of the time. It's there so called premium channel but it really is poor that it's being spoiled with the annoying L.

If they really want to keep it on their channel going forward why can't they just make the L the interactive option, it would be so much simpler and would make more sense.

Or failing that launch a news channel or a preview channel that it can go on? Leave BT Sport Europe in full screen all of the time like it should've been in the first place.

I'm watching less football this season entirely due to the L ruining a lot of the repeats, even though they are charging more for the service, complete joke!

0 Ratings
earlbrutus
Message 167 of 263

ANNOYING IMAGES IN MARGINS ON FULL-SCREEN SPORT

I couldn't agree more regarding the annoying news and information on the screen when you are hoping to watch fooball matches on full screen.

This is really annoying – and is making me think about cancelling our BT Sport subscription etc.

The league tables etc displayed on the left of the screen mean the match image is not only compromised but it isn't even central on the screen.

BT – please, please remove this intrusive screen 'furniture'.

And, today, attempting to watch the Hoffhenheim / Bayern match the picture quality is extremely poor, lacking pretty much all focus and definition

0 Ratings
Keith75
Aspiring Expert
Message 168 of 263

BT may have paid a fortune for football rights, but they really are rank amateurs when it comes to putting it on the T.V.
0 Ratings
PaulLFC
Contributor
Message 169 of 263

Disappointed to see that the Bundesliga round up this morning has started with the "L" shown in typical distracting fashion.

Surely if BT are going to advertise this highlights marathon as they have done on more than one occasion, they should be presenting it properly, i.e. full screen?

A potentially great aspect of BT's coverage, ruined by stubbornness.
0 Ratings
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 170 of 263

@PaulLFC wrote:
A potentially great aspect of BT's coverage, ruined by stubbornness.

Thats what it has come down to really, is stubbornness and a head-in-the-sand attitude.

No broadcaster in the UK would be this stubborn over something apart from BT and its pathetic

0 Ratings