cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulLFC
Contributor
Message 21 of 263

Re: BT Sport Europe Presentation

I have to agree with all of the above - a shocking decision to have this pointless information shown during match highlights - what will happen during the Champions League group stages? Do BT expect us to watch 8 matches at once if we want to see them without knowing what some rugby player has tweeted or what the fixtures for the next round of the Vanarama National League are?

I am amazed that BT cannot grasp such a simple concept - that if we are watching a programme advertised as football highlights, we are watching that programme for the football, not for "news" or "latest scores" or any other distractions. Just show the football full screen like any other sports channel would.

Maybe this is BT's problem - they want to be "different". Constantly. What they don't understand, is that difference in broadcasting is not always good. There's a reason no other broadcaster has tried to ruin football highlights with constant information overload - and it's not because it's a genius new idea that BT have suddenly stumbled on; it's becasue it's an atrocious idea that plainly doesn't work and other channels, had they considered it, had been smart enough to leave it on the drawing board where it belongs.

I have submitted an official complaint to BT about this, to which they supposedly have to respond within 10 days. I'd encourage anyone else on this thread who has the time to do the same - here's the link to the complaint form.

0 Ratings
forzamwb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 263

I agree with everyone. Even if a game isn't being shown live, I want to watch it in full screen. Not surrounded by superfluous information. It's really taking away my enjoyment of the channel.

Message 23 of 263

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting your comments on this. We will of course pass on your feedback.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
steeldriver
Message 24 of 263

I can not watch this any longer. I tried watching the marseille caen game this morning, impossible with all the clutter around the screen. Please change this asap.

biswell07
Message 25 of 263

I really don't understand how anyone could have thought this was a good idea, but surely if they think someone might actually want this they could have it as a red button option- in the meantime any programmes other than live matches are unwatchable, especially when they show the end result of matches they are showing... Surely they are losing viewers because of this?

Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 263

Well as you will see I asked a Mod if they could feed this back to those in charge, I have to agree it is pretty awful, let's hope we get a resukt

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
Guru
Message 27 of 263

If viewers aren't watching the channel, then it will hit their advertising income.
Fingers crossed.

Stew
0 Ratings
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 28 of 263

I just want the channel logo made smaller! 

Its HUGE and there is NO REASON for it

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 263

I like the logo!

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
PaulLFC
Contributor
Message 30 of 263

I've just tried watching the Bayern highlights and given up after about 30 seconds because the obnoxious ticker was annoying me too much. I'd really like to hear BT's justification for just why they think this is a good idea, I genuinely can't think of a single good reason for the channel to be shown how it currently is.

Whoever is in control of the ticker decided it'd be a great idea to show half a documentary in full screen and the second half in "ticker-o-vision" as well - which just shows an utter lack of respect towards any viewers that were watching it from the beginning.

0 Ratings