cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricster
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Sport Europe to be renamed ?????

any truth in the report that BT sport Europe will be renamed to BT sport 3 from the 4th August, and BT sport ultra HD to bt sport 4k ???

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/news/bt-sport-rebrands-european-channel_276584.html

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Sport Europe to be renamed ?????

@Ricster wrote:

any truth in the report that BT sport Europe will be renamed to BT sport 3 from the 4th August, and BT sport ultra HD to bt sport 4k ???

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/news/bt-sport-rebrands-european-channel_276584.html

I've seen this reported in a few different places now but as yet I've not seen an official BT announcement. It would certainly make sense to rebrand into a number system (a la Sky Sports) but surprising there's no official announcement doing the rounds, especially when the reports are all saying it has been confirmed by BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

Well its the BT AGM tomorrow so there may be announcements there or thereafter.

I believe channel name changes have to be notified/registered with ofcom so when that occurs it is often picked up by media sites.

Hopefully any name change will involve a rethink of the L bar currently on BT Sport Europe

0 Ratings
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

@zulu17 wrote:

Well its the BT AGM tomorrow so there may be announcements there or thereafter.

I believe channel name changes have to be notified/registered with ofcom so when that occurs it is often picked up by media sites.

Hopefully any name change will involve a rethink of the L bar currently on BT Sport Europe

Ahh... AGM would certainly make sense as somewhere for the announcement to made.

Agreed on the annoying 'L' bar too!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

The July licencing update from OFCOM isn't available as yet but it will have to be in that if the name change's are to happen and will be at the bottom of the update under "service name changes"

Keep a lookout here on the OFCOM website!

Hoping the L-Bar is done away with once BT SPORT Europe becomes BTS3 and also hope they finally do away with solid coloured logo's for LIVE broadcasts. 

But hey, they never listen to us!!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

The L bar was very useful for following the CL group stages when you have no particular interest in any one game over the others.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/tv-broadcast-licences/updates/020816

Service Name Changes

The following licensees have changed the name of their service.

Licence Type

Licensee

Previous Service Name

New Service Name

TLCS

British Telecommunications Plc

BT Sport Europe (HD)

BT Sport 4K UHD

TLCS

British Telecommunications Plc

BT Sport Ultra HD

BT Sport 3 (HD)

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Strange changes. You would expect them to be renamed the other way around from how they are shown above (or am I having a senior moment)? I would have thought 3HD for Europe and 4K for Ultra??? Please put me out of my bewilderment and point me to my misjudgement!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

I'm not aware of any BT announcement .

Sometimes these sort of changes are to enable channels to swop or change position in channel lists and EPGs.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Woke up this morning to find BT Sport Europe has now become BT Sport 3!   

0 Ratings