cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

BT Sport Free????? dont think so!!!

I had BT Infinity installed lasr Friday, I also paid in advance the full line rental for the year, this left me with my Monthly bill of £15 per month.

I have now found the the channel to view the sport is 58/59 channel is scrambled!!(Samsung Smart TV)

Then making enquires I have been now told if I wish to view these channels I have to pay an extra £10 per month and require a vision box and a further installation fee of £35.

So please tell me how is this free, when you require additional monthly fee's and istallation costs to view these channels!!!

Free???????? Dont think so, anybody else experianced this..RIP OFF!!!

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT Sport Free????? dont think so!!!

Its free if you have BT tv , sky and you can watch it on android/ apple tablets and phones for no cost. If you don't have BT broadband it cost for example 12 quid if you have sky TV. This is what it means by free.
0 Ratings
davyl23
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 23

A bit of research would have given you what viewing options are available to Bt customers.

Online at no cost(hook up laptop/notebook or compatable device to Tv).

Subscribe to Vision or youview, watch via their boxes. 

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 23

What you appear to have ordered is an (Infinity) Broadband and calls package probably one similar to those shown at

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages

what you probably wanted was a TV  (Infinity) Broadband abd call package

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/packages

suggest you contact the Sales team and see if they will switch you to the package you really wanted rather than the one you ordered.

0 Ratings
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

Yes infinity and phone package I have, so tell me why give free sports as indicated in this package when you need additions at cost to view via your tv, miss sold my view!! or in this case no view if you take my point, bet this is not the first oralist query based on miss selling, also I was told a manger from BT would call me die sect today, between 11am and 11.30am as like their product, let down again!!
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 23

@zulu17 wrote:

What you appear to have ordered is an (Infinity) Broadband and calls package probably one similar to those shown at

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages

what you probably wanted was a TV  (Infinity) Broadband abd call package

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/packages

suggest you contact the Sales team and see if they will switch you to the package you really wanted rather than the one you ordered.

Or you could just hook up your pc or laptop to the tv and watch it for free.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 23

Well if I look at the webpage I see

3 ways to watch
  1. On Sky Digital Satellite Platform

If you have a Sky satellite receiver box and viewing card, you can easily take BT Sport from us. You don't need to be a BT customer – but if you switch to our broadband, you'll get BT Sport for free. And it's only available here. Includes BT Sport app and online player.

2. On BT TV

Get free live sport in your living room with a BT TV and BT Infinity superfast broadband package. Can't get BT Infinity? We've got an option for you. Includes BT Sport app and online player.

3. Online player and app

Stream the action to your PC or Mac, or get the app to watch it on your tablet or smartphone – all absolutely free with BT Broadband and BT Infinity packages.

0 Ratings
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 8 of 23

It's miss leading to say the least!! Should have stayed with talk talk no issues in 18 months fact
0 Ratings
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 9 of 23

Why not an app available on the smart tv that way all is solved yes!!
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 23

@jeff12345 wrote:
It's miss leading to say the least!! Should have stayed with talk talk no issues in 18 months fact

Not misleading at all, pretty clear actually.

0 Ratings