Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Sport Free????? dont think so!!!

@jeff12345 wrote:
It's miss leading to say the least!! Should have stayed with talk talk no issues in 18 months fact

I agree with you. It is misleading for the general public because when they see encrypted channels on freeview that are for BT sport it is reasonable for them to assume that they can be unencrypted by current equipment.

A lot of people on forums such as this need to realise that the general public are not all as clued up as we might be.

It is BT's responsibility to ensure that the person ordering is given all these details at the time of ordering.

0 Ratings
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 12 of 23

If it was clear then how is it I'm not the only one to have come across this as being an issue, please look at the forums in more detail!!!
0 Ratings
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Fully agree with David's comment, BT take note, thank you David.
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 23

@jeff12345 wrote:
If it was clear then how is it I'm not the only one to have come across this as being an issue, please look at the forums in more detail!!!

Lots of people have been in a similar situation to you. BT should amend their advertising to make it clear the extra costs potentially involved.

One thing I would say though is that the youview box is fantastic. It really is worth the extra you would have to pay.

0 Ratings
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 15 of 23

Thanks Dave for the advice, I will be exploring that option on Wednesday to see what is best option, on the plus side it's only a 12 month contract thankfully!
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 23

@jeff12345 wrote:

Yes I do look at the forums in detail, and I know you're not the only one that's had this problem. But it is clear when you order online by following the links provided. I take it you didn't select the "see more" from the  "BT Sport is free with BT Broadband and BT Infinity broadband" banner?

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/packages

By the way I do agree that providing an app for smart tv's would be helpful, but this isn't possible because BT have decided to use Silverlight for online delivery.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 23

@Hunter2660 wrote:

@jeff12345 wrote:

Yes I do look at the forums in detail, and I know you're not the only one that's had this problem. But it is clear when you order online by following the links provided. I take it you didn't select the "see more" from the  "BT Sport is free with BT Broadband and BT Infinity broadband" banner?

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv/packages

By the way I do agree that providing an app for smart tv's would be helpful, but this isn't possible because BT have decided to use Silverlight for online delivery.

If lots of people seem to be having the problem then wouldn't it be wise for BT to react to that by making it clearer?

Just a thought.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 23

How clear do you want it to be???? Or am I just the exception. After all following the links and adding the package you want as you progress isn't rocket science..................  Blimey I think I'll apply to MENSA, maybe I'm a genius. Smiley LOL

DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 23

@Hunter2660 wrote:

How clear do you want it to be???? Or am I just the exception. After all following the links and adding the package you want as you progress isn't rocket science..................  Blimey I think I'll apply to MENSA, maybe I'm a genius. Smiley LOL

There are people out there who are completely clueless.

I repair computers for a living and I encounter people who have absolutely no idea how to do anything. There are people in this country who can't order things online at all. They use phones.

Just because you and I are computer savvy and knowledgeable about TV platforms doesn't mean everybody is.

Virtually everyone I have discussed BT sport with thought that the encrypted channels could be activated on their freeview TVs. Why would you expect people to think otherwise? Most people don't spend hours on forums dissecting this.

All BT have to do is make the options clearer for people. It isn't difficult and it isn't unreasonable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 23

@Hunter2660 wrote:

It's all about advertising isn't it? An industry built, to borrow from Sam Cooke, on accentuating the positive and eliminating the negative. When a business is trying to outwit its competitors it's likely to outwit the public at the same time; you have to be very careful, remembering that the devil hides in the detail, being far too shy to sit at the top of the page. BT's promotion of free BT Sport for broadband customers was ultimately accurate, though you had to read plenty of small print to grasp it fully. But BT are by no means alone. An example off the top of my head is a recent promotion by Sly Sky of a broadband service at some puny price, qualified amongst a wodge of extremely small print by a 2GB a month limit, which many would not regard as a viable broadband service.

Like you I understood what "free" meant from the outset, not only because I'm a genius but because life's taught me to be careful, cynical if you like.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings