Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 23

Re: BT Sport Free????? dont think so!!!

@pottyperson wrote:

@Hunter2660 wrote:

How clear do you want it to be???? Or am I just the exception. After all following the links and adding the package you want as you progress isn't rocket science..................  Blimey I think I'll apply to MENSA, maybe I'm a genius. Smiley LOL

It's all about advertising isn't it? An industry built, to borrow from Sam Cooke, on accentuating the positive and eliminating the negative. When a business is trying to outwit its competitors it's likely to outwit the public at the same time; you have to be very careful, remembering that the devil hides in the detail, being far too shy to sit at the top of the page. BT's promotion of free BT Sport for broadband customers was ultimately accurate, though you had to read plenty of small print to grasp it fully. But BT are by no means alone. An example off the top of my head is a recent promotion by Sly Sky of a broadband service at some puny price, qualified amongst a wodge of extremely small print by a 2GB a month limit, which many would not regard as a viable broadband service.

Like you I understood what "free" meant from the outset, not only because I'm a genius but because life's taught me to be careful, cynical if you like.

And the bit in bold is the problem.

If BT wanted clarity and truly wanted their customers to make an informed choice then those terms would be in ordinary print, not small print.

It is human nature not to read (or in some cases be unable to read) the small print. BT (and other companies) know this and exploit it to get people to sign up to deals that may not be suitable for them.

That is why, ultimately, the confusion is BT's fault.

0 Ratings
jeff12345
Beginner
Message 22 of 23

Guys lets be honest, BT know exactly what their doing, the fact of the matter is it's a business, I don't agree with their business methods and like other business's there no different, but it would be nice if the clowns at the top pile did for once look at this forum and maybe understand the exploitation of the normal people of this world that they contribute to!!! Enough said I think!!! (Would be nice if some fat cat above took a look mind you)!!
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 23

@DaveBaines wrote:

@Hunter2660 wrote:

How clear do you want it to be???? Or am I just the exception. After all following the links and adding the package you want as you progress isn't rocket science..................  Blimey I think I'll apply to MENSA, maybe I'm a genius. Smiley LOL

There are people out there who are completely clueless.

I repair computers for a living and I encounter people who have absolutely no idea how to do anything. There are people in this country who can't order things online at all. They use phones.

Just because you and I are computer savvy and knowledgeable about TV platforms doesn't mean everybody is.

Virtually everyone I have discussed BT sport with thought that the encrypted channels could be activated on their freeview TVs. Why would you expect people to think otherwise? Most people don't spend hours on forums dissecting this.

All BT have to do is make the options clearer for people. It isn't difficult and it isn't unreasonable.

A perfect example of the above happened today.

A customer came to me with a laptop running slowly. This is how the conversation went:

Customer:  This laptop is running so slow and freezes when you do anything.

Me: OK I can certainly do something about that.

Customer:  I forgot to bring the stick thing that goes in the side.

Me: The stick thing?

Customer: Yeah the internet stick thing.

Me: Is it a wireless dongle?

Customer: No, it's a laptop.

That is word for word what was said.

That is your average broadband customer and that is why BT needs to make it's options clear and walk people through stuff.

0 Ratings