cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrydavy
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport HD on Sky

Hi

First post on and wondered if anyone can help/is have the same problem.

Every single football match I have watched on the BT HD channels through my SKY+ HD box has had some interferance (like there is bad reception, even showing the box dialog saying no signal being received).

This only happens on this channel, no others. I have contacted Sky as it is their box but they have said it is down to BT.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport HD on Sky

Found this on the Sky site.

"BT Sports shares its outstream with the following channels: MUTV, RACING TV, MOTORS TV UK, S4C, and ESPN."

Can you check to see if it is the same on any of these channels as well, also how long has this been happening.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

There have been a few people with this problem reported recently. As toekneem has said try tuning into the channels he has listed. My guess is you will have the same issues as they're on the same transponder as BT Sport, which means your dish has probably moved slightly out of alignment with the satellite used, probably due to the winter storms. (There are several satellites at 28.2E aimed at the UK with differing footprints, meaning some channels will be weaker than others). If there is an option on your Sky box, check the signal strength meter.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

I've just noticed BT Sports HD Channels are on a seperate transponder to the SD channels so the above may not apply. Try to check the signal strength if you can.

0 Ratings
JGDC74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I have had the same problem for weeks.

I called Sky, who said it was BT's problem.

I called BT, who said it was Sky's problem.

I called Sky again, who said to call BT.

I called BT again, who said to all Sky.

Neither company is willing to take responsibility for this.

I then lost my temper, sent several strong e-mails to both companies, and cancelled my BT Sport subscription.

Then I noticed a few more channels missing from my Sky box, and after sending them several more strong e-mails and threatening to unsubscribe from my packages, they finally agreed to send an engineer.
He came this morning, confirmed the dish was out of alignment, and fixed it. All channels back, great!

So I just re-subscribed to BT Sport and found that their HD channels are STILL unwatchable, despite a 100% signal strength (20% quality though).

Called the engineer, who just said it must be BT's problem as my box and dish are now fine, and he'd put a note on the forum.

Really p*ss*d off now! Back to square one!

I am now waiting for Sky's response to my latest e-mail, but it seems that I will have to unsubscribe again.

There is no way I'm paying BT anything for this!

0 Ratings
JGDC74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Engineer just called me back.

Apparently, the problem is a faulty transponder!

Sky are aware of it, but there is no ETA on getting it fixed!

So here is your reason! Pressure Sky into fixing this!

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Which will be fine until next winter's storms and you will be back to square one again. One reason I ditched satellite tv years ago.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings