Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobSmithS
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport Introduce their MotoGP presenter line-up

BT Sport Introduce their MotoGP presenter line-up

BT Sport Introduce their MotoGP presenter and commentator line-up:

Melanie Sykes, Neil Hodgson, James Toseland, Julian Ryder, Keith Huewen, Matt Birt, Craig Doyle and Iwan Thomas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQhMtZuP7Nw

http://sport.bt.com/moresporthub/moresport/introducing-motogp-on-bt-sport-S11363875491995

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport Introduce their MotoGP presenter line-up

Sounds a reasonable line up to me. What do others think. Also the second screen extras sound like a great addition also. Can't wait to see it kick off..

0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

Many thanks, Rob & scointer, I agree, sounds like a good line-up, sounds great, can't wait until March 18th!
0 Ratings
monarchjock
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

What does Melanie Sykes know about bikes?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Apparently thats why she's there (a non bikers view)

http://londonbikers.com/articles/25709/bt-sport-motogp-coverage-uncovered

0 Ratings
RobSmithS
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

BT's MotoGP coverage in March

BT's MotoGP coverage in March (including first race weekend)

http://sport.bt.com/motogp/motogp-madness-in-march-on-bt-sport-S11363880618695

THURSDAY MARCH 20
2.00pm - MotoGP 2014: Season Preview
3.00pm - MotoGP 2014: Qatar Practice - Day 1 LIVE

FRIDAY MARCH 21
3.00pm - MotoGP 2014: Qatar Practice - Day 2 LIVE
SATURDAY MARCH 22
2.30pm - MotoGP 2014: Qatar Qualifying - LIVE
SUNDAY MARCH 23
3.00pm - MotoGP 2014: Qatar Moto3 Race - LIVE
5.15pm - MotoGP 2014: Qatar Moto2 Race - LIVE
6.45pm - MotoGP 2014: Qatar MotoGP Race - LIVE

The Practice sessions are Thu 4h 45m and Fri 4h in length. If space allows repeats of the sessions in full would be useful but it doesn't look like Day 1 will be rerun as it stands and I don't have access to listings beyond Fri 21st March (even if the channel listings are finalised at this stage).

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

Re: BT's MotoGP coverage in March

Did Toby Moody choose not to join do we know? Or was he simply not asked? Him and Julian Ryder worked so well together that it seems crazy to not have them continue to do so.

It will seem very strange hearing Julian work with someone else. I hope they have a decent chemistry, as a fair number of times the commentary was more entertaining than the racing - which has become increasingly dull in the main class.

0 Ratings
Dr-iver-licence
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Moto gp  is one of the reasons im joining bt , that and poor speed after being moved from o2 to sky bb .

I dont like the format  that is studio and pit lane , its got to be pit lane all the time for the sites and sounds like it was on the BBC , i cant be bothered listening to people banging on about it thousands of miles away from where the action is like on WSBK

BSB commentary is now all mostly pit lane and far better for it , maybe its just me but i would rather see it all from track side than people talking about it in a room.

As for the presenter line up theres 3 or 4  in happy with but we will see how it goes.

If Melanie Sykes is in the studio i hope Gino D'Acampo is there to ,to give me an idea for lunch so i have something to do till we get back to track side

i have just read
zulu17 post http://londonbikers.com/articles/25709/bt-sport-motogp-coverage-uncovered

and this is what i mean .

The shows will be a mix of studio discussions with feed to and from the track. This is a far superior format to the previous trackside interview techniques where no-one could hear what was being said.

i want to hear chainsaws in Italy and scooters being revved to dead in Spain over commentators thats Moto gp

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

One plus I can take away from all this. NO Neil Spalding!!! Excellent.....there is nothing worse than someone just spewing numbers out during a commentary. I find it the dullest thing in the world, like listening to  talking calculator.

0 Ratings
RobSmithS
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

It has just dawned on me for a second time that there isn't room on the BT Sport channels for a rerun of the Practice or Qualifying. There is only one shot to watch or record the sessions.

0 Ratings