Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmp6865
Beginner
Message 1 of 68

BT Sport Rip off

Go to solution

Hi having signed up for BT infinity in July I fully expected to be watching BT sport HD. NOT A CHANCE. The ads said join BT broadband before August 1st and you will get HD free for a year. What they didn't tell you was you had to activate/register for BT sport. Seeing it on my sky box I assumed I had it. Wrong. So after hours and hours on hold to their pathetic call centres I cannot have the HD nor can I cancel BT. So after my year is up  it will be back to sky. At least they dont blatantly rip you off like these cowboys. No wonder this country is going down with companies like BRITISH telecoms and BRITISH gas, with their INDIAN call centres.  Now on a mission  to put people right about BT.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
67 REPLIES 67
Guru
Message 2 of 68

Re: BT Sport Rip off

Go to solution
You are being selective in order to justify why you miss read the adverts.

It clearly said register before the 1st August to receive HD free for a year! You didn't register - no free HD.

You still can have HD but it will cost an extra £3 per month.
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 68

Go to solution

Sorry to burst your bubble pmp, but Stewm is correct.

The ads did not say join BT broadband and get free HD for a year. What they DID say was, register for BT Sport by the 1st of August and get the channels on HD free for a year.

I have no real axe to grind here, btw, i am not in an infinity area and not likely to be for some time yet, so HD is just a mere dream for me at the moment.

0 Ratings
Delphi62
Contributor
Message 4 of 68

Go to solution
What about people in my situation. I took up BT infinity in June registered for BT sport on June 26th. Howerver due to a messup by BT I can not view BT Sport on my Sky box. They said however they can cancel my BTvsport and re-register me but I would have pay for HD. All I want is for BT to honour the contract I signed up for in June. They expect us to pay for thier incompetence. I have contacted BBC Watchdog and OFCOM, the more of this that do that the better. BT should not be allowed to get away with advertising free HD and then charging for it.

All I ask is please BT, honour your June contract, nothing special just honor the contract.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 68

Go to solution
If you had registered in June then I agree. Follow the complaints procedure.
0 Ratings
Delphi62
Contributor
Message 6 of 68

Go to solution
Having spent about six hours beeing passed over and over from Sales to tech support (tech support were verging on the abusive). I have come to the conclusion that they do not have any procedure for anything. If you dare to complain they just simply cut you off, the worst customer services in the universe.
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 68

Go to solution
Depends if you went in all guns blazing. They're just people trying to do a job. The way people have been on here this weekend you'd think their world had ended when all that's happened is a little difficulty watching a TV channel
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Guru
Message 8 of 68

Go to solution
Agree. A lot of people come on to the forums with all guns blazing. I can appreciate they may have a problem but they give the impression their life is about to end because they can't access this or can't access that, I will cancel this cancel that........

In reality we will try to help but sometimes it how you approach a problem.....
Delphi62
Contributor
Message 9 of 68

Go to solution
No I was quite relaxed about it at the time. I told the man in technical support that i was referred by the sales team, which I had been, he told me that it was a sales Issue and he could see from my account that I had not been in contact with sales that morning so I was in his words, a liar, he then cut me off.

I have now lost all faith in BT so called help lines, I do not want to contact them again for fear of this kind of abuse.
It's quite a thing when a new customer is affraid of contacing the service provider.
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 68

Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  As mentioned previously by registering in June you should have been fine for free HD.  I would recommend dropping an e-mail to forum.moderation.team@bt.com or if you have access to Twitter drop a line to @BTCare - they're extremely helpful and very good at getting things sorted.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings