cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT Sport and Eurosport packages

My dad currently has Max HD which he gets BT sport and eurosport with. He recently got a letter stating that some channels are being removed and others added and ive been looking into it but its not very clear, it looks to me like eurosport is getting removed completely apart from the vip packages and the full sport package which includes all the sky sports channels aswell which he doesnt need.

He can move to the new bt tv which states entertainment, sport and hd for£25 / month which is less than hes paying now but this doesnt look like it will include eurosport after its removed i think in June.

Has anyone got any idea if there is any packages he can get that include bt sport 1 and 2 aswell as eurosport 1 and 2 without all the extra channels? Its only really these he needs at the moment, aswell as all the usual freeview channels.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Sport and Eurosport packages

Eurosport is only available on 'Big Sport' and the 'VIP' BT TV packages, after January 17th 2022 it will no longer be sold and is also being moved from all packages soon, there's no ETA when but chances are it won't be included for the next 24 months, if Eurosport is a deal breaker it might not be worth your dad renewing for 24 months.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Ok thanks thats what it looked like to me, so basically the letter states he can end the tv service up to 30 days after 17th jan 2022 without paying cancellation, so its maybe this route then and see about another provider that he can get eurosport with and maybe bt sport as an addon?

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

He could take Big Sport which will include all BT Sport, all Sky Sports and Eurosport content, when Eurosport is removed he can then switch to just BT Sport, the new packages are flexible so he can change monthly without extending the initial contract.

Really depends on your dad's viewing habits, have a look at www.bt.com/tv and decide what works for him.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Ok so eurosport is  staying on bigsport? but yeah that includes all the things he doesnt need so not worth having that.

Yeah its just the bt sport and eurosport he needs, for motorbike racing.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

You do have a few other options on the table. If you have a smart TV, check to see if you can access the Discovery+ app. Eurosport (plus the Discovery channels BT are dropping this month) are available at £6.99 per month. If you can't access the Discovery+ app on the TV, but have an Amazon Prime account, Discovery+ is available as a Prime Video Channels add on at £6.99 per month. You can then access this through the Amazon Prime app on your Youview box. The final option is to buy an Amazon Firestick, or Roku device, and install the Discovery+ app on one of these.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

I think the Eurosport option was removed from Amazon Prime and the Discovery+ add-on on there doesn't seem to include it.

@Hunter2660wrote:

You do have a few other options on the table. If you have a smart TV, check to see if you can access the Discovery+ app. Eurosport (plus the Discovery channels BT are dropping this month) are available at £6.99 per month. If you can't access the Discovery+ app on the TV, but have an Amazon Prime account, Discovery+ is available as a Prime Video Channels add on at £6.99 per month. You can then access this through the Amazon Prime app on your Youview box. The final option is to buy an Amazon Firestick, or Roku device, and install the Discovery+ app on one of these.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Oh ok thanks for the suggestions ill have to look into that and see if it is still on there, the only issue with that would be you cant record on that i'm assuming? If it is still on there it would have to be watched live? Anyway if it is on there its another option.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@ozsatwrote:

I think the Eurosport option was removed from Amazon Prime and the Discovery+ add-on on there doesn't seem to include it.

@Hunter2660wrote:

There are two versions of Discovery+ on Amazon, with and without sport, £4.99 and £6.99.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

I see them now - you need to ensure you pick the right one and doesn't see to be a free trial with sport.

I still have Eurosport Player at £19.99pa so am hanging on to that. I don't think they take new subscriptions.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings