cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport in Ultra HD!

Hi guys,

I'm sure by now eveyone has heard BT are launching a new channel called BT Sport Ultra HD.  The first live game to kick off in Ultra HD will be the FA Community Shield between the FA Cup winners Arsenal and the Barclays Premier League winners Chelsea.

With a screen resolution of over 4000 pixels (compared to high definition of 1080p) it'll be interesting to see the quality of the picture for the first time.

"The stunning picture quality of Ultra HD with four times the detail of HD will be the star of BT’s top TV package, Entertainment Ultra HD. The package includes BT’s new 1TB Ultra HD YouView+ set top box** giving 600 SD or 250 HD hours of storage and 47 premium channels including entertainment, documentary and lifestyle channels with 13 in HD and the BT Sport Pack with all of the UEFA Champions League and Europe’s first Ultra HD channel, all for £15 a month."

Here is a link to the article: 

BT TV announces pricing of its new entertainment pack including Europe's first ultra HD sports chann...

What's eveyone's opinion on this new channel?  Is there anyone lucky enough to have a compatible TV to watch the ultra HD content?  I haven't see the quality of ultra HD myself yet so I'll need to get a look before making the decision to invest Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport in Ultra HD!

You'll usually find demos in electrical stores or departments. It's stunning, but I'll be waiting for a decent level of provision before taking the plunge.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 3 of 7

I will be waiting for more channels before I take the plunge 🙂

0 Ratings
phillarkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I have a UHD TV( was part of the trial). BT UHD is great on a decent TV but don't expect to see that big a difference as you do from SD to HD unless you have a 60in plus TV and a decent source. I have a 40 in and the channel is good but upscale items from the Youview box are ok. Blu-rays look better. The quality of the UHD has steadily improved and I am looking forward to more content. I am happy with purchase so far.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ChrisSouth
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

The picture quality is fantastic but they use different commentators and there is no analysis or interviews
0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Got myself a 4k tv, its only 40" but the picture quality is amazing! Can't wait to watch this weekends game in UHD 🙂
bmitie
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

and they are dropping the HD pic quality to make it look even better.  Remember early HD same thing brilliant pic quality then loads of rubbish channels, down went bit rate and now its barely better than sd so they downgraded sd as well.  same will happen with ultra so enjoy while it lasts, give it a year then another channel will appear then another and so on.

0 Ratings