cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

BT Sport on Sky - newer black box only?

I rang BT over the weekend to get BT Sport added to my Sky box.  The customer services rep told me that I wouldn't be able to receive BT Sport as I have an older white Sky+ box and would require a newer black box.  I only want the SD channels, I'm not worried about HD at the moment.  I found what she said a bit hard to believe.  I explained that the channels were listed on my EPG and that I could select them and view the previews on those channels but she was adamant that I'd need a newer style box.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?  I can't find any mention of it on the BT Sport website, even in the FAQ's.  If it is true then the statement on the website "If you have a satellite receiver box and viewing card, you can easily take BT Sport from us" seems to be a misrepresentation of the truth.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Sport on Sky - newer black box only?

I agree I think you just need a sky box and an active sky card to get bt sport SD

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings