cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 43

Re: BT Sport on Youview ........ For some only?

Also forgot to mention - surely BT want to prioritise their stock of Humax boxes for new customers.

Shelling out to subsidise and distribute unwanted and unnecessary second boxes for existing customers just because they can't get their heads around the intricacies of Youview is just commercial madness.

Message to BT - we want to save you money here! We're also happy to extend our contracts. All you have to do is create a sales product that has basically no technical development associated with it. If you are concerned about who's responsible for end-to-end service quality just write it out as you do for the present BT Player services!
scotspeter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 43

So lets get this right.I cannot get Infinity,so therefore I won't be able to get the sports channels? WHY NOT
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 13 of 43

@Colin_London wrote:
Also forgot to mention - surely BT want to prioritise their stock of Humax boxes for new customers.

Shelling out to subsidise and distribute unwanted and unnecessary second boxes for existing customers just because they can't get their heads around the intricacies of Youview is just commercial madness.

Message to BT - we want to save you money here! We're also happy to extend our contracts. All you have to do is create a sales product that has basically no technical development associated with it. If you are concerned about who's responsible for end-to-end service quality just write it out as you do for the present BT Player services!

Quite, a point I've made to BT HQ. 

I have also asked whether it's possible my BT supplied box (was sent after their player borked by retail box) could be added retrospectively to their system so I can receive the sports channels. Would of course mean I was paying £12.50 instead of £10 for the On Demand library but as I was likely to sign up for the live channels when they launch that's not really a big consideration for me.

At the moment the message is: Pay £15pm for Infinity and incur us the cost of providing a subsidised box and we'll give you free sports, pay us £26 and don't incur us box costs and we won't. 

Not sure they've thought this through properly. 

Highlighted
bobjob
Contributor
Message 14 of 43

im not tech minded so please correct me if im wrong,but if customers who cant get infinity can download an app to view on a computer why cant an app be downloaded to BTs youview boxes or retail boxes for that matter,last October i was told Youview was the way forward,the future all singing,dancing box,8 months later we cant even get netflix.???.

cardy1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 43

I'm a BT phone customer, currently with O2 for broadband, but with the takeover by Sky, i have been looking at bringing my broadband over to BT also.

Had a look online, as certain sites point towards non infinty areas being sold a vision+ box to get BT Sports thru' DTT, but when you enter phone number during online sign up, all it offers is a You View box, later on the sale, it wants to also flog line rental, even though i have line rental saver with BT paid up till the end of the year, so the online sales site, isn't all that well set up, especially if trying to add something to an account you already have with BT, let alone announce free sport, surely all the set up stuff should have been live and ready to go.

It isn't my fault, that BT haven't even got fibre in my exchange, yet i would like to watch BT Sport on the TV, not on a mobile, PC etc, yet there is a box that will let you do that, but isn't currently being offered to new non infinty broadband customers, surely they must have realised there would be interest from day one, but it has just been one complicated mess.

I now have my MAC from O2, and from an earlier phone call to BT, although i'm not 100% the guy on the phone was getting what i was asking, i got the impression, that they would sell me a package that came with the Vision+ box for BT Sports, rather than You View, but what put me off, was the sales pitch about sky boxes, apps etc, so not quite sure he was getting that i was non infinity wanting DTT BT Sports.

notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 43

People who can't get Infinity but have BT Broadband can watch BT Sport on the web or mobile apps that are being released. It just won't been your YouView box as your bandwidth won't be sufficient to deliver the Sports channels in an acceptable way on your set top box
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 43

That is not the issue here. Many people have Infinity but still will not be able to use their retail Humax Youview box for BT Sport!

This is the sticking point that needs to be addressed. I was actually challenged by a BT complaints advisor today asking why on earth I'd purchased my own box. I had to remind her that at the time BT did not have a clue on what to do with Youview and that a Youview box was not even available from BT.

Just glad that I managed to get a 50% off 12 months promo with Sky. For all their faults at least you know what their offering is and exactly what you can expect. This whole BT Vision+ box vs. Youview offering and no platform consistency has left me feeling very underwhelmed indeed. Don't even get me started on the limitation of multicast channels only working with a BT Home Hub rendering my shiny WirelessN/AC router useless with Vision!!!
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 43

Unless you change to BT Vision then you'll get BT Sports via the aerial but only in SD.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 43

I think you'll only get BT Sport on DTT with the Vision+ box and not any Youview box. The Youview box does not have a cam slot.
0 Ratings
flags
Contributor
Message 20 of 43

We live in a rural area, no Infinity for us until sometime next year at the very earliest. However we do have a great download speed, we're doing a "Sam Knows" test just now & that box is averaging a download of 10 meg so that's more than sufficient for watching movies on our YouView box. It's actually a great service right now, we're really enjoying BT YouView.

We did without sports for half a football season in order that we got an HD box. But there's no way whatsoever that I'm missing football this season, no way at all, I'm really annoyed about this. 

Just off the phone to BT. Their solution is to "roll back" to BT Vision+.

But to do that there's a £200 equipment charge (we had BT Vision+ before, they're now saying we shouldve kept that box rather than throwing it out as they said we could do when we got YouView). And there's also a £49 activation charge. And ... wait for this ... they'll send an engineer out to remove the YouView box too.

Yeah. Sounds like a great deal to me.

Am away to investigate what other companies have to offer. No way BT are treating us like this.