cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvknw
Beginner
Message 21 of 43

Re: BT Sport on Youview ........ For some only?

I switched from SKY to BT Youview, I am now told that one of my options to get BT sport is through my Sky Box.... Is this company for real??? back to sky me thinks

dvknw
Beginner
Message 22 of 43

Just contacted BT, I can get BT sport through my sky box but i need to re-contract my Broadband account for twelve months... or I can purchase a new Youview box at £200, are they having a laugh? My box is less than 6 months old!!!
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 23 of 43

@dvknw wrote:
. or I can purchase a new Youview box at £200, are they having a laugh? My box is less than 6 months old!!!

Whoever told you that was mistaken. 

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 43

Are you sure they didn't mean 'if you break your BT Youview contract early to go back to Sky then you'll have to pay a £200 early termination fee' (but you'd get to keep the Youview box).

0 Ratings
dvknw
Beginner
Message 25 of 43

I never mentioned breaking my Youview contract to the BT sales person.. I was asked for my sky viewing card number then when I gave it I was told that I would have to renew my BB contract for 12 months in order to receive the BT sports channels through my Sky box
0 Ratings
dvknw
Beginner
Message 26 of 43

0 Ratings
dvknw
Beginner
Message 27 of 43

BT Adviser on the telephone helpline!
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 28 of 43

As I bought the YouView box myself will I still be offered the free BT sports via my PC and app for my Android tablet. Im also on BT Infinity 2 and pay £10 a month for the BT Vision player TV unlimited on my YouView box.

I do hope in time BT will also let the likes of me that bought the YouView box themselfs watch BT sport via the retail YouView box. I only renewed my BT Infinity 2 contract just over 4 weeks.

Darren

0 Ratings
CriticalMass
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 43

I have had BT Vision since its inception and had very few issues, all easily resolved. I "upgraded" to a Youview box and prefer the interface and design.

I live in a village that is the location for the local rural BT exchange. I get 18mbps download speeds and watch HD films on demand with no issues and fully working picture and surround sound. I can watch iplayer in HD and access all Hd content whic is streamed without issue, as well as Lovefilm streaming via my blu-ray player.

I checked the openreach website and no BT infinity upgrade is in the offing at the exchage "for the forseable future".

So according to BT I won't be getting BT Sport or, much more importantly, the 20+ channels like FX and Discovery anytime soon. And BT seem to be saying I need to revert to the Vision box to access them?

Nuts. Sort it out BT.

0 Ratings
flags
Contributor
Message 30 of 43

Just spoke to an extraordinarily helpful call handler at BT, a proper star.

And we're now reverting from YouView back to BT Vision+. That's because my life has become intolerable without football.

We're getting a new Vision+ box. BT charging £49 activation, £10 viewing card and recontracting us for another 12 months. We can keep the YouView box.

Seems an awful hassle. Nevermind.

RFC WATP 🙂

0 Ratings