cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bozavine
Message 51 of 69

Re: BT Sport on my Samsung Smart TV

Just called BT support - I wanted them to log the call so they know that people want this.  Was assured that they are working on an app for Samsung TVs, but its not imminent - as in the next few weeks.  Clearly dragging their heels because they want us to pay for the TV service. 

0 Ratings
PappyD
Beginner
Message 52 of 69

I Agree with all you have said, I have ordered BT sports (19 11 13) and have the same problem after spending £1500 on a smart TV found that BT do not have an APP for it,  this I find totally unacceptable from BT……. But all is not lost.

IT CAN BE DONE-Smiley Happy You can order from Amazon a Rikomagic MK802111S described as a TV Dongle works from Wifi & Bluetooth  from the router for around £40 (get it from a UK dealer saves the 14 day wait from Hon Kong) fits in a HDM slot and a USB works with most TVs. doesn’t have to be smart.

All BT want you to do is pay for there own set top box.  Yes of course BT could do it they are one of the UK biggest Companies they have APPs for lots of other things, make up your own mind.   

0 Ratings
LankyLiz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 69

I will give it a go. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 69

But you said the same thing a couple of months ago????

Message #45 http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sport-on-my-Samsung-Smart-TV/m-p/999720#M9458

@LankyLiz wrote:

I will order  and Rikomagic MK802 and try it.

Currently I have a Samsung Stick (not sure of the technical term) in USB Port 2 to connect to my wireless router does that stay in that port too?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
PappyD
Beginner
Message 55 of 69

Looks like there is a thousand others Smart's with the same problems, have to go my Rikomagic has just arrived in the post, if it doesn’t work I will be back in a few days. PappyD.
0 Ratings
PappyD
Beginner
Message 56 of 69

I’m back, it did not work, after a lot of searching the smallest of User Manuals written by an astronaut, I did give up, it will be returned as faulty, were do I go from here? May have to have the set top box who knows, the jury is out. PappyD
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bezza4
Beginner
Message 57 of 69

Wish I'd read all of this first. One of the main reasons I chose to go with BT Broadband was because I thought I'd be able to get BT sport either through an app or the browser on the Samsung Smart TV I have on order!

I don't suppose there has been any developments since the last post a month ago?
0 Ratings
aerodynamic750
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 69

Nothing as far as I'm aware unfortunately. I've tried badgering BT to no avail. Samsung aren't interested either.

BT Sport has been a complete waste of time for me. I haven't watched a single game since it started.

0 Ratings
TitusC
Beginner
Message 59 of 69

Hi LankyLiz !

Can you give me idiot level instructions as to how you did this (i.e. added the new channel to pick up BT Sport).

Thanks

Tim

0 Ratings
DIRTYRAVEN
Beginner
Message 60 of 69

I've got google chromecast to stream to tv from phone or pc in hd

0 Ratings