cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yottie
Message 41 of 69

Re: BT Sport on my Samsung Smart TV

I have a Samsung smart TV with a Rikomagic plugged into an HDMI port and powered from a USB one.

The Rikomagic MK802 is a small computer that's a little bigger than a USB flash drive; it connects to your TV via its HDMI connector and has wireless connectivity to allow connection to the internet and other wireless devices.

The Rikomagic MK802 runs the latest version of Google Android™ (Jelly Bean) which gives you access to a huge selection of apps, its a bit like turning your TV into a giant Android™ tablet!

As you can install the BT Sport app in Android, it will give you access to BT Sport.  I also use for internet radio.  As my TV is connected to my HiFi via a fibre optic cable, the sound qauality of the internet radio is brilliant.

Mike

Highlighted
redsnapper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 69

This is very useful information, thankyou. Is ebay the best place to acquire the equipment?
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 69

There's a Rikomagic MK802IIIS on Amazon for £36-89.

0 Ratings
redsnapper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 69

Got one on ebay with the keyboard for 36 quid; hope it works!
0 Ratings
LankyLiz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 69

I will order  and Rikomagic MK802 and try it.

Currently I have a Samsung Stick (not sure of the technical term) in USB Port 2 to connect to my wireless router does that stay in that port too?

0 Ratings
redsnapper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 69

I expect so. The Samsung thingy connects the tv computer to the wireless signal. The Riko wotsit is a separate computer that uses your wifi signal and the tv as a monitor. I think!!
0 Ratings
redsnapper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 69

Delighted to say this has worked! Pretty good picture quality BUT can anyone tell me how to make it fit the screen? It will only give me 4:3 on the left of the screen. I've tried the tv screen settings to no avail.
0 Ratings
barrybastin
Contributor
Message 48 of 69

redsnapper

This is a problem that myself and many others are experiencing and, as yet, there is no fix. Also no response from BT whatsoever. There is a previous link to this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 49 of 69

@redsnapper wrote:
Delighted to say this has worked! Pretty good picture quality BUT can anyone tell me how to make it fit the screen? It will only give me 4:3 on the left of the screen. I've tried the tv screen settings to no avail.

So you mean the Rikomagic as recommended by @yottie doesn't do the proper job?

I'm glad I got an Apple TV 🙂

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
barrybastin
Contributor
Message 50 of 69

That does appear to be the case.

0 Ratings