cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxima
Beginner
Message 61 of 69

Re: BT Sport on my Samsung Smart TV

and could you manage to stream BT Sports through the Chromecast OK? and you are saying it is HD?

0 Ratings
DIRTYRAVEN
Beginner
Message 62 of 69

Hi yes it works perfectly i stream from my iphone or galaxy tab or my pc really easy to set up connects through HDMI perfect picture doesn't seem to have any lagg works brill best gadget i've bought in ages

Some pictures streaming from me ipad

streaming from ipad

Chromecast

Also just discovered once I've started streaming from my ipad i can turn my ipad off and it continues to stream ??? don't know how this works but i'm pretty sure this will come in handy

0 Ratings
Josonic
Beginner
Message 63 of 69

The reason this works is because the stream/video doesn't go via the ipad. The ipad tells the chromecast the stream/video you want to watch and the chromecast goes and gets it. From then on, you can use your ipad for other things or even turn it off. The ipad can (still) be used to remote control the stream/video in terms of Pause, play skip etc. This is why (so far) there are only a handful of apps that work with chromecast.
0 Ratings
JohnSound
Aspiring Expert
Message 64 of 69

Even though there's options for streaming, I'm still surprised and disappointed that there isn't an app available for Samsung TVs yet.
0 Ratings
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 69

@JohnSound wrote:
Even though there's options for streaming, I'm still surprised and disappointed that there isn't an app available for Samsung TVs yet.

Why would Samsung want an app which was only useable by a tiny % of its TV customers - you have to have BT Broadband to watch the channels - or BT want to spend the cash coding one? 

0 Ratings
jay299uk
Message 66 of 69

BTSport app on an iPhone + Apple TV = OK
0 Ratings
sharononline
Beginner
Message 67 of 69

I realise i am a bit late joining this conversation.  But I have just got BT Infinity and BT Sports.  I have a humax you view box - can I get BT Sports through this without paying the extra £5 per month?  

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 68 of 69

Hi, in essence, no.

http://sport.bt.com/pages/sport/

Stew

0 Ratings
Mr_Red
Message 69 of 69

from what I was told this is true also for Youview on an Android smart TV eg Sony KD43X8309

I wonder if the BT App works on the Android OS of this TV?

0 Ratings