Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Padmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport - ordering nightmare

Go to solution

As an existing Infinity customer I ordered BT Vison and BT Sport online a couple of weeks ago.  I was pleasantly surprised by the rapid delivery and how easy the YouView box was to set up.  The only problem was my Sport channels weren't working.  After an hour on the phone I now have the answer.  Apparently BT Sport was never activated on my account because my Home Hub isn't close to my TV and YouView boxes can't pick up BT Sport via Powerline Adapters.

I've been offered two options

* - order a Vision + box for an extra £49 (apparently I can keep the YouView box that I've already paid £49 for!!)

* - get an engineer in to move my TV point from upstairs to behind my TV

My third option is to cancel my subscription (which I would prefer at the moment because I'm so fed up) butI'm told that could cost me £350 for the equipment and the subscription.

I guess the question is when I went through the online ordering system and answered the question about the distance between my homehub and my TV, why the heck didn't they send me a Vision + box in the first place?!!!

The suggestion from the lady I finally got to speak to in Customer Services was that I would have been far better to order over the phone because "somebody would have told me that it wouldn't work with my setup".  Since I ordered it myself online then "it will have been there in the smallprint somewhere" so buyer beware!

Does anyone know how much it might cost me to have them move my phone point?  Also, can they really send me the wrong box for the job then charge me another £49 for a replacement?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport - ordering nightmare

Go to solution

Hmmmm, not sure you've been given the right info there. I haven't a YouView box so can't comment why you're not receiving the channels. Yes the powerline adaptors are a problem for some, though many are using them successfully, (but BT don't support them for the multicast channels). The same will be for BT Vision as well by the way. Have a look at this thread, maybe somebody there could help:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/If-you-have-YouView-and-Infinity-and-can-t-watch-BT-Sport-on/td-...

Padmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I think I need to activate BTSport online then see if the box will pick it up.  I'lllet you know how it goes!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Padmeister
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Sorted out the order by phoning the helpline and it's all working now.

The good news is that the sport channels do work via the powerline adapters with the Youview box despite what I was told.  I connected with a long ethernet cable stretched across the hall and up the stairs initially to make sure the channels worked.  I then disconnected the cable and reconnected via the PLA.  Everything works perfectly!!

Thanks for your advice

0 Ratings