cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viffergb
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Sport through Humax Freesat HDR or FOX-T2 HDR Boxes after purchasing a viewing card from BT?

Disappointed to learn that MotoGP will not be available on the 'beeb' for 2014, so my question is can I use either my Freesat or Freeview boxes to view BT Sport after purchasing a viewing card from BT for £10?

If so, will the coverage be broadcast and available to view in 'HD', bearing in mind it will be received 'OTA' or via a satellite?

If not, methinks that 'Dorna' may have dropped a 'clanger' Smiley Sad by ditching the BBC, as this sport really comes to life on the box in 'HD'.

If the answer is no and would mean going down the route of subscribing to a 'BT Vision' package in order just to view in Standard Definition, then I'm afraid MotoGP will be losing two faithful viewers from next year onwards Smiley Sad

I am a Broadband Option 1 customer.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Sport through Humax Freesat HDR or FOX-T2 HDR Boxes after purchasing a viewing card from BT?

At present the only satellite feed will be via the Sky platform.
0 Ratings
viffergb
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Re: BT Sport through Humax Freesat HDR or FOX-T2 HDR Boxes after purchasing a viewing card from BT?

Somehow thought that might be the case Smiley Frustrated

Thanks.

0 Ratings
andsha
Message 4 of 10

I have the same sort of question I have a Humax 1000s and BT INFINITY is there a way of watching BT Sport on my TV through the Humax box which is conected to the internet??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

I'm afraid not

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

Hi

Might be worth seeing if any of the custom firmware for the HDR-FOX T2 allows you to go to the website of your choice - i.e. the BT Sport website, without having to have a viewing card.

I seem to recall somebody on there managed to get the 'TV Portal' site to go to a custom site and not the standard one supplied by humax. As to whether this can be customised to go to any website of your choosing I don't know. Maybe worth a look anyway: http://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hd-hdr-fox-t2-customised-firmware.28/

If you find out if this is possible could you update this thread please?

viffergb
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

@Telecom89 wrote:

Hi

Might be worth seeing if any of the custom firmware for the HDR-FOX T2 allows you to go to the website of your choice - i.e. the BT Sport website, without having to have a viewing card.

I seem to recall somebody on there managed to get the 'TV Portal' site to go to a custom site and not the standard one supplied by humax. As to whether this can be customised to go to any website of your choosing I don't know. Maybe worth a look anyway: http://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hd-hdr-fox-t2-customised-firmware.28/

If you find out if this is possible could you update this thread please?

Hi

That's a very good point, and it just so happens that I have the custom firmware loaded on my 'T2'.  Must admit the last time I looked at the 'TV Portal' (Cusom) I don't remember seeing it listed, but I'll take another look.  If it's not there, I might ask if it could be incorporated.

Thanks for the reminder.

Update  Just had a quick look at the portal and it's not listed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 10

Don't know if this helps, but it will be possible to watch BT Sport on a TV from the internet via a computer. Whether that's convenient will depend on your set up.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
viffergb
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Presumably you mean by attaching an 'HDMI. cable between the two?  I was hoping to try and do away with any wires, but I guess it might be the only solution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

@viffergb wrote:

Presumably you mean by attaching an 'HDMI. cable between the two?  I was hoping to try and do away with any wires, but I guess it might be the only solution.

Yes. Before I got BTTV I kept an HDMI lead discreetly plugged in to the telly to use iPlayer, when I would pull out the lead and attach a laptop. Worked fine - just plug and play then put the lead out of sight when finished.

I only use BTTV to get Sky Sports and iPlayer. As I'm non-Infinity I was intending to ditch BTTV and use the same method to get BT Sport, but it emerged that I'm a lucky one who will get SS via ADSL.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.