cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport ultimate - content protection could not be enabled..

Hi,

So I setup my new Pro box this morning, no issues except from with the BT Sport Ultimate channel.  My television isn’t particularly new but I had the channel working absolutely no problem literally yesterday, oh the old ‘Ultra HD’ box. Now all I get is the message about ‘content protection could not be enabled’.  No issues with any other subscription channels as far as I can see, just this one. 

I did notice that there is now an HDR version of the ultimate channel, which I know I can’t get, but why has this stopped working?  I’ve tried restarting the box, the television, changing the HDMI cable, changing the HDMI slot..  I know it says on the troubleshooting that this might happen on a Pro box, so just watch it on one of the HD channels but that’s ridiculous, I should still be able to watch it!

Any help appreciated! 

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport ultimate - content protection could not be enabled..

It's possible that your TV isn't authenticating the HDCP copy protection that embedded in HDMI cables. It might be worthwhile checking that your TV is compatible with HDMI 2.1 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

It worked perfectly fine on the previous box.  I’ve tried the exact same HDMI cable I used on that box also. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The Pro Box uses HDMI 2.1 because of HDR compatibility. If you're previous box was the HD or UHD box, they're a previous generation of HDMI so you might just need to change some settings... There is also a small possibility that the Pro Box is faulty but it's unlikely 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Why can nothing be straight forward! Literally the only channel I now have an issue with.  

Am I able to return this box for a refund then? May as well just keep the old one! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

You'll need to speak with BT about returning the Pro Box but if it's only Ultimate HDR that isn't working, that would point to an incompatibility issue with your TV. It's quite common for older sets to only have 1 HDMI socket that is compatible with the 2.1 protocol.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I have two Bt Sport Ultimate channels, I’m aware the HDR one won’t work, but the other should. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Probably worth checking the various HDMI settings  (within Home page > Settings>Picture&Sound).

0 Ratings