Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcoleman1
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Sport via Sky HD+ box

Hi guys,

Me and my girlfriend have recenetly moved into our first flat and have gone with BT for our internet. We didn't choose to have any TV package so at the moment all I have is the online app for BT sport/ESPN. However we have a Sky+ HD box that came with the flat with a freesat viewing card in it.

I have gone online to try and activate the viewing card number but it keeps trying make me pay £12 a month for the BT sport package as well as the £15 activation fee. Is this right? Or am I right in thinking that it should be free as I have BT broadband?

Tried ringing BT but was on hold for a while and though I would try here first. I do wonder whether it isn't letting me do this because I haven't got any form of BT TV but I didn't think that would be a problem.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Sport via Sky HD+ box

You will heed to talk to them directly, if you try to view it on the Sky box it will give you a number to ring, that ought to get you straight through. You will however be required to take out a new 12 months BB contract. SD viewing will be free.
You may need a different card as well one that can decode the encrypted signal. It could be that the card is still registered with a previous user.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.