Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fconnolly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT Sport via a Sky Box

Go to solution

I was with Sky for many years and changed to BT Broadband three days ago (mainly for the Aviva Premiership Rugby). I totally cancelled Sky Broadband, Telephone and Satelite TV.

A BT engineer set up my new 'You View Box' and 'BT wieless hub'

However, I cannot receive BT Sport on my TV but I can on my computer (which is upstairs in an office).

I rang BT customer care and was informed that our local rural exchange was the reason behind the failure to receive BT Sport and hence the channels were not showing up in the TV Guide. The BT care assistant, via his supervisor, did say that I could use my old Sky Box and receive BT Sport via my Satelite Dish, even though Sky is cancelled.

Does anyone know:

1. If this is true ?

2. If so, how to cable the Sky box into the  BT system ?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Sport via a Sky Box

Go to solution

It can be recieved via a SKY box as long as you have a valid SKY Card. ( This does not mean you have to have a subscription with SKY.)

Ring BT and ask to have the BT sport sub applied to your SKY card , give them the card number and then it is just a case of viewing on you SKY set top box.

No need to connect Sky box to BT box.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43272/~/how-to-get-bt-sport-with-bt

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
fconnolly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Than you toekneem. I have now placed the order with Sky card number to BT and had the acknowledgement.

What cables do I need for the Sky box.......apart from re-connecting the dish and the power lead.

Do I need to re-fit the Scart Lead from Sky box to TV ?

Thanking you once again for your valued help.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

You need to use a scart lead to connect to the TV as before. If you have Sky HD though an HDMI lead would be preferable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@fconnolly wrote:

Than you toekneem. I have now placed the order with Sky card number to BT and had the acknowledgement.

What cables do I need for the Sky box.......apart from re-connecting the dish and the power lead.

Do I need to re-fit the Scart Lead from Sky box to TV ?

Thanking you once again for your valued help.

As Hunter2660 says, use the scart or preferably a hdmi cable to connect the SKY box back to the TV, then all you need to do iwould be to change the source input from YouView to Sky ( hdmi1 to hdmi2 or EXT1 etc etc).

What you cannot do is record the sport using the SKY box unless you do pay SKY a small monthly sub.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
fconnolly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Slightly confused.

I have been told that the Scart Lead has to go from the Sky Box to the Scart connector on the You View Box (not the TV)

(There is currently a HDMI lead from the You View box to the TV)

Kind regards

0 Ratings
fconnolly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Further to my last post a couple of minutes ago.

It is now all working correctly.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Kind regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Maybe someone can help you there.

I myself keep my SKY Box and Youview box separate using separate hdmi cables from both SKy box and youview box to the TV.

Maybe someone can confirm if you can connect SKy box through Youview box to TV.

[edit]

Glad you are all sorted.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I have done this in the past, connecting my VCR to the Vision Box via Scart to the TV via scart, so I presume it can be done through the YouView box via scart if you're short of inputs to the TV. Not sure what the result would be if the YouView box was connected via HDMI to the TV though.

0 Ratings
fconnolly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hello Hunter

My Sky box does not have a HDMI connector so I have used Scart.

It is working through the Sky Box but my Sky subscription is still valid until end of this month ?

It will be interesting to see if I still get BT Sport when this subscription expires.

Kind regards

0 Ratings