Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robh1
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT TV APP

Go to solution

Recently changed TV pack, now being charged for the BT TV app. Can anyone advise, is this app no longer free?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT TV APP

Go to solution

There's no charge for the app @Robh1 

Is it maybe "BT TV App Extra" you're seeing on your bill?  This is required if you want to watch BT TV on large screen devices (Apple TV, Fire TV, Samsung TV, Chromecast, etc) or if you want to download videos to watch offline.  If you don't need these functions, you can cancel the extra subscription.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I believe BT TV app ( 2 devices)  has  normally always been  included as a freebie with BT TV package. The  BT TV App Extra  ( 4 devices/large screen) has been potential an addon at extra charge.

The BT TV App Extra  was included in some legacy BT Tv packages ( typically the top tier ones) , and there was as promotion to provide it to then existing BT TV customers who were subject to a  specific price rise a couple of years back.

I believe it is also included with the new Flexible  BT TV Now TV contracts.

So which  TV package did you have and which have you moved to ?

Robh1
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies. The charge shows as BT TV App Extra, appeared when I switched from Total Entertainment to Classic Entertainment - not on any previous bills and not something I requested when I changed. Best bet seems to be to cancel it and angle for a refund as it seems to have been added in error.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Robh1 according to the tariff sheet it is included in the package. You need to contact BT to get it sorted, you shouldn’t be paying extra.

Stew

DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks @StewM
All these years of helping customers with BT TV, and I didn't know that tariff sheet existed!
0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Lots of information & expertise on this Community Forum 😉

Stew

0 Ratings
Robh1
Contributor
Message 8 of 9