Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srome68
Contributor
Message 1 of 32

BT TV App Offline Playback

Go to solution

I'm trying to play a series I purchased through BT TV I've downloaded the episodes to my Samsung galaxy tab s4 which I want to watch while not connected to the internet, is this possible to do? As evertime I try and play any of the series I get the error GW117.

I've downloaded different programs and they all generate the same error.

Thanks

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 32

Re: BT TV App Offline Playback

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I do not use any content from BT, however most other content providers require you to make an initial Internet connection at the start of playback, for licensing checks. Once you start the playback, a connection is not needed.

You may have to do this once for each download.

The BT content may work differently, but I suspect that there has to be a method to check that you are not trying to play it on multiple devices, and you still have a current subscription.

I am sure someone will confirm this.

0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

I've never heard of anything like that before, I hope your wrong with your assumption.

0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

Just tried what you say and you seem to be correct, surely in this day and age a better way would be implemented.

My next question would be can I play my purchased series with the standard BT TV app offline as I was informed by bt on the phone I'd need the bt TV extra app at £5 per month.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

I believe you have been given inaccurate or at  least incomplete advice @srome68

Can i clarify that you are talking specifically about BT TV purchases  and not rentals and not subscription channel downloads ?

Also are you solely trying to playi it on your Android tablet screen  (Samsung) ?

0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

Hi,

Yes your correct on all counts, thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution

In that case you should be able to download that BT Store purchased content to watch anywhere anytime using the BT TV App. 

As you have downloaded the purchased content onto your tablet i would expect it to play back with a few caviates.

The device you have downloaded the purchased content onto must still be one of your current registered BT TV App Ios/Android/PC devices  (max of 2  for the BT TV App rising to 4 if the BT TV App Extra addon is taken).

So this brings us back to the error code you are experiencing - not sure that it is one of the error codes listed on the BT Help pages so it would be helpful if someone could clarify what it actually means.

Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

Hi @srome68,

The BT TV App should work as @zulu17 has described. I've highlight this thread to my colleague in the BT TV team to see if I can get a better understanding of what is causing the GW117 error.

To help understand the issue, please can you send send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

PM sent, thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

HI @srome68

Thanks for posting back.

For us to look into this we would need you to complete our contact link, not via private message.

Can you send us over your details and we'll get back to you when you reach the top of our email queue?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings