cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV App - Won't let me download my purchases to my mobile devices

I have been trying to download some of my BT TV purchases to my Samsung mobile and my Apple iPad in advance of going on holiday. But I keep getting this error messages on all items I attempt to download:

Sorry - there's a problem

The number of times you can download this is restricted, please go to bt.com/help/tv for more information. (GW908)

• The GW908 error code does not show on the BT TV website
  • The items I'm trying to download have never been downloaded to my mobile devices before and in many cases never even been watched before either via BT TV set top box or my mobile devices.
  • I only have 2 film items successfully downloaded to my mobile

Can anyone help? This is very, very frustrating?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV App - Won't let me download my purchases to my mobile devices

Hi @Topravit 

issue has been reported on community before 

c message 25 onwards in this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-BT-Sport/BT-TV-App-Offline-Playback/td-p/1908467/hi...

That required the mods  to liaise with the BT Tv team to resolve in two cases.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

So how do I get the mods to correct my account?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Topravit,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We will be able to look into this for you. I've sent you a private message with some info that I need. Reply back when you get a chance and one of my team will get back to you over the next couple of days.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Daniel for all your help. I've replied to the private message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Jim,

I see my colleagues from the TV team have been in touch and went through some checks, did downloading the films one at a time work?

Thanks

Neil

BT Community Moderator

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi Neil,

Update following a call I had from Dave in the TMC yesterday.

• He reset my router as he said it hadn't been reset for a few years.
  • He confirmed my BT Broadband & router were all working ok and not contributing to the problem
  • He explained you were dealing with the BTC complaint and you'd submitted an escalation case to the Back Office Tech Team at Ipswich. He asked that you add the case reference to the BTC complaint notes for his reference
  • He confirmed my personal mobile contract data allowance should not be contributing to the problem on downloading to my mobile

We agreed the following next steps focusing on downloads to my iPad as this was the main device to which I download:

1. Clear all downloads but first make a note of those that were showing as download "failed"
  2. Target "failed" items to download individually, do not queue them
  3. If still problems, try downloading at another premises to eliminate hidden router or broadband problems that I may have
  4. When 1-3 are complete provide an update to you Neil

Outcome of item 2 above

I had 6 "failed" downloads. All have now downloaded successfully. The longest download duration was 42 mins for a 2 hour film, it was the first download I did of this "failed" list. All subsequent downloads took circa 7 minutes, shortest duration of film being 1hr 17 mins and the longest duration film being 2hrs 19 min.

So I thought I'd redownload some of the downloads I'd removed. Sad to report I got the same error message as per my original cry for help when attempting to download Peter Rabbit 1, No.2 downloaded ok and so did a few others download ok. I only got the one error message.

I have not attempted downloading at another address (item 3)

I hope this helps

Regards

Jim

0 Ratings