cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 62

BT-TV BOX PRO

Go to solution

Is it possible to have an aerial still connected and used while having the Internet mode selected on the latest BT-TV Pro boxes? Or is it one of those options only?

Haven't received the new box yet till next week. 

Also if its only one choice only is there a preference recommendation? 

I take it you can record any of the freeview channels that are streamed wirelessly with this box? 

0 Ratings
61 REPLIES 61
Message 2 of 62

Re: BT-TV BOX PRO

Go to solution

It's one or the other, choice is personal preference. IP gives more HD channels & HD channels on 1-5, but some channels missing & can only record two concurrent channels.

Message 3 of 62

Go to solution

It depends on how much recording you do. In internet mode the maximum number of simultaneous recordings is 2, in aerial mode (if I remember correctly) it's 4.

This is explained in detail during the setup process

Message 4 of 62

Go to solution

I take it 1-5 HD channels you refer to are BBC1 BBC2 ITV CH4 & CH5?

These channels I've quoted plus other available HD or SD available Freeview channels can be recorded via Internet mode too yeah? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 62

Go to solution

Correct on both counts.

You might find this useful in your preparation BT TV Box Pro User Guide 

Message 6 of 62

Go to solution
As I currently have intermittent issues with the freeview channels via the connected aerial to the older BT-TV box I think my preference will be to use the Internet Mode only.

If you wanted to go back to using the aerial mode is it required to factory reset or anything?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 62

Go to solution

Yes afraid so, factory reset required.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 62

Go to solution

in the guide it talks about recording 4 channels, I'd imagine it's referring to Aerial mode, so in theory you could record 4 simultaneously but you don't need to be watching the 4th, so does this sound correct, in the Non Internet Mode?

But in the Internet Mode you can record 3 programmes in total out of freeview and subscription channels by recording 3 simultaneously leaving the tv on one of those channels. 

Does any of that sound right? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 62

Go to solution
When I said don't need to be watching the 4th I meant leaving it on one of the 4 recording channels.

I'm confused though as I was informed by BT tech that it was record 3 watch 1 in aerial mode, and record 2 watch 1 in Internet Mode, is this similar to what I mentioned in my previous message?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 62

Go to solution

Hmm, not sure but, as it says in the guide -

"You can speak to us on the phone too. Just call
0800 111 4567 anytime between 8am and 9pm. "

0 Ratings