cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 62

Re: BT-TV BOX PRO

Go to solution

Correct - not enough capacity for lots of HD on Freeview.  I think the C5 family of channels are HD too.

@sea2dogwrote:

@ozsat

I noticed that yesterday and I thought to myself that it could be what takes me to using IP mode.
So I take it these particular HD Freeview channels wouldn't be available in HD when using the aerial mode? Apart from BBC1, 2 ITV C4 & C5 that is. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 62

Go to solution

I'm finding it hard to come to a conclusion on whether to go for Aerial Or IP mode given that I will not be connecting the Pro box physically to the hub by using WiFi connection.

In IP Mode, If 2 freeview channels are being recorded in HD can a subscription channel also be recorded? 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 62

Go to solution
@zulu17
"So in aerial mode you can record the 4 Freeview channels and view/record 2 multicast channels".

Am I right in thinking that the 4 freeview channels may not necessarily be HD, and are the 2 multicast channels you mention the subscription channels?
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 62

Go to solution

Freeview channels could be  any mix of Sd or HD depending upon which channel number you select to watch or record.  As others have mentioned the number of HD channels on Freeview is limited by the capacity of the only Hd multiplex (BBC B)  and is typically just the primary PSB channels and the BBC entertainment channels.

Yes the multicast channels are the Bt subscription channels . (if you opt for ip mode then the free to air channels included in ip mode are also delivered as multicast channels)

Message 25 of 62

Go to solution

@zulu17

In IP mode if I select say channel 101 BBC1 will it show say BBC1 Scotland, in other words will it pick up the location from the hub location? 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 62

Go to solution

Channel 101 isn't available in IP mode. As an example BBC 1 HD is located at channel 1, and the region you receive will be the area you live. You will also get nearby ITV and BBC regions in the 800's. I'm located in South Somerset and I receive the West BBC and ITV region. Added to that, in the 800's, I also receive BBC and ITV South West, South, and Wales.

Message 27 of 62

Go to solution
@Hunter2660

I take it you can still get the radio option on ip mode? currently the 700 range?

So you have the IP Mode option? is the wireless WiFi picture quality ok?
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 62

Go to solution

Hi @sea2dog The BBC Sounds radio stations are available in IP mode from channel 700+. This Internet mode channel guide might help with your decision.

Thanks

Neil

Message 29 of 62

Go to solution
Thanks Neil.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 62

Go to solution

@sea2dogwrote:
@Hunter2660

I take it you can still get the radio option on ip mode? currently the 700 range?

So you have the IP Mode option? is the wireless WiFi picture quality ok?

I'm wired to the Hub and do not use wi-fi so can't comment on that. The full range of radio channels aren't available in IP mode. Only the Beeb's radio stations are there and that's directed via the BBC's Sounds app. Not an issue, unless you record, as all radio stations can be accessed through the TV's tuner anyway.

0 Ratings