cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 62

Re: BT-TV BOX PRO

Go to solution

Can you still have it wired to the hub in IP MODE? 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 62

Go to solution

@sea2dog Yes you can still choose to use a wired ethernet connection or wifi. 

Neil

Message 33 of 62

Go to solution
@NeilO

I have a fast Internet speed so I would assume that not having a wired connection won't cause any issues, however, would you say that using a wired connection from box to hub would be preferable?

I have FTTP.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 62

Go to solution

Hi, @sea2dog it really depends on your personal preference and the location of where you are situating the Pro box. Using wifi is often the easiest option and won't involve any trailing ethernet cables around your floor, if you have fast internet and a reliable wifi connection then there shouldn't be any problems. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 35 of 62

Go to solution
@NeilO
The box will be sitting underneath on its own space and the hub sits on the same level as the TV.
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 62

Go to solution

@sea2dog in that case I'd use an ethernet cable.

Neil

Message 37 of 62

Go to solution

@NeilO
May I ask why? as they will be only approx 30 inches from each other albeit on the level below on the same unit and still in the same room, sorry if I didn't explain it properly.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 62

Go to solution
I see this online so it agrees with what you said, but I thought that if it doesn't work as good wirelessly for being that close then I don't see any better quality options other than this:
For the best internet connection, direct Ethernet to Router connection is recommended even if you have a Wi-Fi enabled box.
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 62

Go to solution

An ethernet cable is always preferable for a stable connection.

Message 40 of 62

Go to solution

@sea2dog sorry about the delay getting back to you, I see you found the answer. Personally, I'd only use the wifi option if my router was too far away from the TV box to run an ethernet cable. As @Hunter2660  mentioned you're always going to get the most stable connection using ethernet.

Cheers

Neil