cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 62

Re: BT-TV BOX PRO

Go to solution

Also it says connect your hub to the tv box, but surely as the box works wirelessly there's no need to be connecting anything between the hub and the TV box Pro.

I have a home tech expert coming out on Thursday so hopefully will answer all of this then.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 62

Go to solution

I tried mine in wireless mode and wasn't impressed - and my hub sits on a shelf immediately above my box.

I no longer use the box at all, I prefer to use the Now TV app and various others on my TV and use the catch-up services instead of recording

Message 13 of 62

Go to solution

What speed on WiFi do you have? And did you try the aerial mode? 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 62

Go to solution

My line speed is more than adequate for streaming but I never checked the Wi-Fi speed to my box, I used an unmanaged ethernet switch for a while until I decided shelve it.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 62

Go to solution

@sea2dog In IP mode you can watch 1 channel and record a second channel or record 2 channels. My Smart TV allows me to record so I use that to record channels not available in IP mode (e.g. Talking Pictures, PBS).

Message 16 of 62

Go to solution

I imagine that the box won't affect anything to do with my Chromecast connection given that it is connected to the TV and used through the hub which hasn't anything to do with the bt-tv box Pro? 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 62

Go to solution

Currently the  Pro box will be able to receive a maximum of two multicast IP channels so you would be able to record upto 2 multicast channels. If you wish to watch a different (3rd) multicast channel you would need to stop one of the recordings to achieve this.  
In aerial mode the Box Pro has 4 tuners which enable 4 terrestrial Freeview channels to be recorded. An additional  Freeview channel can normally be watched if is being broadcast on the same multiplex as one of the channels you are recording.  Or if all the terrestrial channels are transmitted on different multiplexes you can record 3 and watch a fourth. 

So in aerial mode you can record the 4 Freeview channels  and  view/record  2 multicast channels.

In Ip mode you are not using the aerial feed so you are able to view/record  2 multicast channels.

you can watch live channels streamed via Apps on your Box Pro in addition to the above ( eg BBC IPlayer , Now app , Prime Video apps have live channels streams). Depending on your broadband you may be constrained if there is too much going on.

Message 18 of 62

Go to solution
@zulu17

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that using the Aerial mode has more to offer than in IP mode.

So in Aerial mode how many freeview channels and subscription channels can you record say at any one time? Same question for IP mode?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 62

Go to solution

Several of the SD only channels on Freeview are HD in IP mode - all ITV channels are HD.

@sea2dogwrote:
@zulu17

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that using the Aerial mode has more to offer than in IP mode.

So in Aerial mode how many freeview channels and subscription channels can you record say at any one time? Same question for IP mode?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 20 of 62

Go to solution

@ozsat

I noticed that yesterday and I thought to myself that it could be what takes me to using IP mode.

Another is that ever since we had an aerial in the loft we've had issues with it such as intermittent pixelation and loss of signal, I'd imagine with IP Mode this wouldn't occur as we wouldn't be using the aerial.

So I take it these particular HD Freeview channels wouldn't be available in HD when using the aerial mode? Apart from BBC1, 2 ITV C4 & C5 that is. 

0 Ratings