cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weerab1983
Contributor
Message 1 of 37

BT TV Changes

Received a text yesterday informing me of changes to channel numbers and today I received another one telling me to ignore that message and there will be upcoming changes to my bt service that I should look out for. 

I have the max hd package and get bt sport included. I hope that this won't change 

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 37

Re: BT TV Changes

I made a post about this, I also got a text.

The changes are meant ti happen on the 24th of August,

I get the impression that customers on the MAXTV and MAXTV4K packages will need to take note...

0 Ratings
Weerab1983
Contributor
Message 3 of 37

If it works out more expensive i won't be happy whatever they have up their sleeve 

0 Ratings
TheRealBudski
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 37

I’m on the legacy Max HD & BT Sport package too, and am bracing myself for a big price increase when my contract expires in December. I did ring a few weeks back, and couldn’t get them to shift far of the prices shown on the website. 

At the moment, the changes are just channel number changes. It looks like they are moving the HD channels ahead of the SD ones, and giving space for anything new that NowTV might supply in the future. 

0 Ratings
Weerab1983
Contributor
Message 5 of 37

Just tell them your going with sky when your contract runs out and they might pass you onto their special deals team 

0 Ratings
TheRealBudski
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 37

Yep, I will be doing just that, I’m too far from the end of my contract for that to have any effect yet. 

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 37

Hi @Weerab1983,

I have the same concerns as you about price increases.

However the world changes and we all need to adapt.

People often talk about price, but at the end of the day what I feel really matters is value for money.

For example, imagine a TV service with packages priced at £10, £50, and £100

Does each price point offer value for money?

I need to pause here and also add, given this is BT, even through they are now a private company, they are still seen by many as a public icon/service, that because of that they should really offer a low cost/value option for people that simply can't afford the prices asked for by other TV companies.

I think BT is kind of doing this already with Classic Pack they now have on offer.

But let's all be clear here, prices are going up!

Probably BT TV has in reality been under charging for their TV service for a number of years in order to build customer numbers and win subscribers from SKY and Virgin.

I don't now, however, what I do believe wins at the end of the day is Value for Money!

My point is this, I don't like the current NowTV based packages, I feel I lose to many channels from my current package.

And I don't see where the service is headed, why is that important?

It's important because BT TV wants a 24 month commitment from their subscribers, two years!!!!!

That's fine, but in return I would at least like to now about "channel expansion", 4K, HDR, etc?

Is that too much to ask for a 24 month commitment?

BT TV, my point is this, if you want another £10, or £20  a month from me, fine, I get it, but EARN it, give me value for money, you are NOT SKY and you are NOT Virgin, they offer a channel choice far greater of what you currently offer.

For me, MORE HD channels! I can't believe that we are sill struggling with poor bit-rate starved channels.

4K, please, happy to pay for it, but not a single "some of the time" sports channel and just two series of Snatch.

Get serious, launch 4K for REAL! and if you do, I will pay, but right now you keep boasting about 4K but don't follow through!

So rant over!

I must end by apologising to @Weerab1983 

I've kind of gone of tangent, but your question just triggered a response, so hope you understand! 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 37

@4KTVFan  unfortunately I think you'll be a long way off from that, HD isn't even sold as standard with tv packages in this country yet

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 37

@garybs29 

Yep, I know

But we have things like HD boost packages

My point is this...

I get it, you want MORE money, and you want me to take out a HD boost package.

Fine, but in return don't give me just a handful of channels in HD, and some in SD but upscaled to HD!!!!!

*** this post has been edited for typos and grammar, but not for the sentiment *** 

Weerab1983
Contributor
Message 10 of 37

@4KTVFan  no apology needed. If I get something more substantial for a price increase I wouldn't have a problem. They do need to keep up with the competition. You should get what you pay for within reason 

0 Ratings