cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelB72
Guru
Message 11 of 37

Re: BT TV Changes

@4KTVFan there are rumours that Sky/NowTV are getting ready to launch UHD. I'd imagine this would be some kind of bolt-on 

0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 37

I was on the old Max HD package with BT Sport before I moved to the Now TV Big Entertainment package with HD add on just under 5 months ago. I did cancel BT Sport when I moved to the Now TV Big Entertainment package with HD add on.

I did for a short while miss no longer having W, Alibi and Eurosport. As I used to watch them channels at times.

I'm paying almost the same on the Now TV Big Entertainment package with HD add on as I was on the old Max HD package and I now have a few less entertainment channels.

I also still have AMC and the HD version of AMC but in the last few months I have not ratchet AMC that much.

I also find I'm now also using the BT player app on the Youview box a lot less since moving from the old Max HD package.

BT do have have the Classic Entertainment package  but it seem they want most of there customers to move to one of the Now TV packages.

Darren

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 37

@NigelB72wrote:

@4KTVFan there are rumours that Sky/NowTV are getting ready to launch UHD. I'd imagine this would be some kind of bolt-on 

SkyQ already has a wide range of live and on demand 4K UHD content and they are currently rolling out HDR.

I am a NOW TV trialist and a member of pretty much every TV/AV forum out there under various guises and don’t remember seeing any gossip about NOW TV getting UHD, can you post a link to this rumour source please as I’m intrigued and must have missed it?

Is it the 4K survey mentioned on Digital Spy?

Seems a big leap to me for a service that only just managed to roll out 1080p this year.

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 37

Hi @NigelB72 

SKY is rolling out UHD as we speak.

However, it is for SKY satellite boxes and not for the NowTV service.

I think my point is is... "Rolling Out"...

It's taken SKY far longer to start offering UHD, but now they have begun, the amount of content keeps increasing, with more and more shows being added.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that  BT TV with regard to 4K has stalled...

So far we have got a "sometimes" 4K Sports channel and just 2 series of Snatch, and it's been like that for 2 years?

So based on that record why would I signed up again for a 24 month contract?

I come back to my point about value for money.

So let's imagine BT wanted to charge my £20 more a month for UHD, okay, that's a lot, so what do I get in return?

Hopefully not just two series of Snatch!

My point is this...

I get that BT TV is trying to increase the cost of their TV packages, but in return they MUST start to offer value for money.

Yes, charge me more, BUT I want more than just two series of Snatch in UHD!!!!

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 37

I don't know why you're guessing about the uhd price  it's out there that the hd/4k add on is £5 on the flexible tv packages

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 37

@garybs29 

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Whether it's £5 or £20 a month, it's about value for money.

My point is why pay £5 a month when in the last two years the only UHD entertainment content has been two series of Snatch?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 37

Thing is theres no separate 4k charge, it's there with the hd add on if you have fast enough speed plus the uhd box, at no extra charge

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 37

There is a charge, it's £5 a month, HD + UHD with the current packages.

My point is what if I want more?

Please listen to what I am saying, BT what me to sign up to a 24 month contract, but will give me no hope or promise of how their 4K content will improve?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 37

And you're asking a company who's main business is broadband & that only has their own sport channels (other channels owned by others) to give you more 4k content! Look at how long it's taken Sky (years in the tv game) to get more 4k content. To get real here you're likely to have a long wait

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 20 of 37

@4KTVFan Sky have had UHD content since they launched Sky Q but are just starting to role out HDR content on compatible Sky Q boxes. But there are rumours that it's being tested for a role out to NowTV as well

0 Ratings