Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 37

Re: BT TV Changes

@NigelB72wrote:

But there are rumours that it's being tested for a role out to NowTV as well

You keep saying that, but as I asked earlier in the thread, please link to the source of the rumour if possible as it helps others gather context.

IMHO even if NOW TV does provide access to 4K streams, the problem remains of delivery.

Until we are all rocking chunky FTTP connections you won’t be getting multiple recordable streams in UHD. Imagine trying to record the F1 in 4K while watching the cricket in 4K with one kid on Netflix and the other trying to game online while the Wife is on a Zoom call, the infrastructure for the masses isn’t there yet and won’t be for many years.

You have plenty of complaints on this forum of picture break up and sound issues now with the service mostly being used for HD!

I actually agree that it will become the standard to use your broadband for all your TV services but the lack of FTTP coverage is why Sky continues to use a mix of satellite and internet delivery for content.

By the time we get to a place in the UK where our connections will be able to handle all this traffic reliably BT TV may have even closed. The rumours in the market are that the NOW TV deal is their last fling at trying to be a quad play provider.

They can't keep losing money on it forever just to try and sell a few more broadband packages and if you are happy just to stream you can access NOW TV on many devices for much less money by buying it direct. 

Welsh3nana
Beginner
Message 22 of 37

Noticed on my latest bill  i had been taken off my MAX HD package and put on to BT ENT EXTRA. A Vol order had been raised without my knowledge or advising me of this change.

Phoned 0800800030 today to be told MAX HD no longer available and some channels would be lost next few weeks/months, also tv package could be changed/cancelled monthly. 

4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 37

Hi @Welsh3nana 

Thanks for sharing this with us.

This is not good news, but to be honest something is going on, and it has started to feel like customers on the MAXHD and MAX4K packages would be loosing their channels sooner rather than later.

I'm going to check my account now!

0 Ratings
Welsh3nana
Beginner
Message 24 of 37

Just sending a complaint as to how a Vol order can be placed on my BT Account without my knowledge and without being informed of this change. Definitely think big changes are going to happen.
Was told by BT advisor i could cancel TV package as it is monthly not 2 yearly, as I was told when I recontracted in May this year.
Difficult to change TV supplier only though, when tied into broadband and landline.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 25 of 37

@Welsh3nanawrote:

Noticed on my latest bill  i had been taken off my MAX HD package and put on to BT ENT EXTRA. A Vol order had been raised without my knowledge or advising me of this change.

Phoned 0800800030 today to be told MAX HD no longer available and some channels would be lost next few weeks/months, also tv package could be changed/cancelled monthly. 

Entertainment Extra HD was just a name change for Max HD, It happened last year, same content, same terms, simply a new name, that's it.

0 Ratings
Welsh3nana
Beginner
Message 26 of 37

After completing online satisfaction survey with low rating, was contacted by BT. 

Was informed that BT MAX HD, changed to ENT EXTRA,will definitely be different in coming weeks/months. Euro Sport, some entertainment channels will be lost. Not sure if you will get HD channels as before. 

My complaints was that although I recontracted in May for 2 years Broadband, landline and MAX HD TV,  a Vol order was raised on my account without my knowledge changing from MAX HD 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 27 of 37

@Welsh3nanawrote:

My complaints was that although I recontracted in May for 2 years Broadband, landline and MAX HD TV,  a Vol order was raised on my account without my knowledge changing from MAX HD 

What did the order change ? like I said earlier MaxHD to Entertainment Extra HD is the same package, same content, just a different name, no order is needed for a name change.
Can you be more specific about what the order was for ?

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 37

It was on the 18th September 2018 that BT and UKTV announced their new "long-term" deal to offer BT TV customers continued  enjoyment of channels such as Dave, Gold, W, Alibi, Good Food and Eden, and to also include an enhanced catch-up video-on-demand (VoD) service for BT TV customers.

Well today is 23rd August 2020, so it's coming up to almost 2 years, we are now only about 3 weeks away from that renewal date of the 18th September.

Given that BT contacted some customers via text (and then withdrew the information) and informed them that a reorganisation of the EPG would be happening on August 24th 2020 in order to accommodate channel future changes, it all seems to point to one thing...

In my simple world, the 24th August comes just before 18th September, and a reorganisation of the EPG is something you would have to do around late August IF, and it is only an IF, a number of UKTV channels where about to disappear on the 18th September?

This would make sense if the contract that BT TV and UKTV made back in 2018 was for just two years, however, both companies described the new contract as "long term", which in my book is more like 4-5 years...

Anyhow, the dates are aligning in a spooky way, and if the original deal between BT TV and UKTV was in fact only 2 years, and given that there  has been no announcement of any contract renewal between BT and UKTV, we are indeed now very close to the expiry of the existing deal 18th September!

0 Ratings
Welsh3nana
Beginner
Message 29 of 37

When checking my account this is what I found. 

vol order 31/07/20 - YOU PLACED ORDER FOR BT TV AND BT SPORT

31/07/20 - PRODUCT UPDATE - NEW BT TV AND CONTRACT

31/07/20 - ORDER COMPLETE. 

I did NOT request a change to my BT TV AND BT SPORT. Was very happy with my BT MAX HD.  I was also put on a monthly BT TV contract whereas before it was in line with broadband/landline for 2 years. 

Was told yesterday that some channels would be being lost to BT but would be available on Prime. 

0 Ratings
Weerab1983
Contributor
Message 30 of 37

I am sure you have 14 days to cancel the contract if you wanted to move to another provider 

0 Ratings