Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 37

Re: BT TV Changes

@4KTVFanwrote:

It was on the 18th September 2018 that BT and UKTV announced their new "long-term" deal to offer BT TV customers continued  enjoyment of channels such as Dave, Gold, W, Alibi, Good Food and Eden, and to also include an enhanced catch-up video-on-demand (VoD) service for BT TV customers.

Well today is 23rd August 2020, so it's coming up to almost 2 years, we are now only about 3 weeks away from that renewal date of the 18th September.

Given that BT contacted some customers via text (and then withdrew the information) and informed them that a reorganisation of the EPG would be happening on August 24th 2020 in order to accommodate channel future changes, it all seems to point to one thing...

In my simple world, the 24th August comes just before 18th September, and a reorganisation of the EPG is something you would have to do around late August IF, and it is only an IF, a number of UKTV channels where about to disappear on the 18th September?

This would make sense if the contract that BT TV and UKTV made back in 2018 was for just two years, however, both companies described the new contract as "long term", which in my book is more like 4-5 years...

Anyhow, the dates are aligning in a spooky way, and if the original deal between BT TV and UKTV was in fact only 2 years, and given that there  has been no announcement of any contract renewal between BT and UKTV, we are indeed now very close to the expiry of the existing deal 18th September!

Unfortunately if this happens it will be as expected. I've been with BT since the early days of BT Vision, can't see me being here after my contract expires in December.

0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 37

The only channels that I can think of that are on Prime that you may lose with BT TV is Eurosport.

Crime and Investigation is not a channel as such on Prime but an on demand player. 

You would have to pay extra.

BT do seem to be trying to push its customers to get one of the Now TV packages. As well as getting them to add Halo 2 to there fibre broadband.

Darren

0 Ratings
Weerab1983
Contributor
Message 33 of 37

I am determined not to change my TV package as my contract comes to an end next July and I am going to move back to sky 

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Expert
Message 34 of 37

I was another MaxHD subscriber, this contract due to end later in the year, i recently got in touch with BT to renew my broadband contract and obviously, TV came into my phone conversation with a advisor.  I swapped over to the BT Sport pack for £10 a month and was trying to be persuaded to get the NOWTV entertainment pack as well, i already had a active Entertainment pass with Now, which i had very cheap, due to expire at the end of October, so this pass has now been added to my BT account, so the channels can be watched through the TV guide as well as the app, but from October 29th, i will have to make my mind up if i want to continue with this though BT as a add-on, or get it through NOWTV using a code, though it does seem, from scouring the internet, that cheap NOWTV passes are not so easy to come by these days!

0 Ratings
Weerab1983
Contributor
Message 35 of 37

I get now TV directly and if you say you want to cancel they give you a discounted rate for 2 months so I will carry on with that and on the plus side you can access that through the apps menu on the youview box 

emptydaze
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 37

It does make me wonder. From a business perspective, with the Disney channels closing down in the UK at the end of September this will mean that BT Kids will be identical to the NowTV kids pack, certainly for this element there seems little financial sense for BT to continue to provide both these services.

4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 37

Hello @emptydaze 

Your post about Disney closing down is not something I had considered, but you are right.

Crumbs, it's all pointing to a major change sometime in September.

0 Ratings