cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

BT TV ENTERTAINMENT OFFER

Hi. I see there is an offer to add BT TV to your package for £6 a month. The offer ends in 28/9/22. Is it £6 per month for the 24 months or is there a catch. I know you also get the Pro box but it's loaned to you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT TV ENTERTAINMENT OFFER

I took up the same offer when it was on in April. The thing to beware of is if you stick to this package you pay £6, but if you swop to one of the other flexible packages and then go to swop back to the Entertainment package you will pay the standard price for the Entertainment package at that time.

It states that you pay £6 for 24 months which suggests that it’s a fixed price, but I thought that it was subject to the annual BT price rise.

Message 3 of 17

£6 per month is the price for the base entertainment package if you flex to a different pack and then flex pack, it'll be normal price.

Message 4 of 17

@Brucemeister5wrote:

It states that you pay £6 for 24 months which suggests that it’s a fixed price, but I thought that it was subject to the annual BT price rise.

Most of BT services will increase annually, BTTV included, typically social tarriffs are exempt.

Message 5 of 17

It does specifically state that you pay £6 for 24 months which I think is ambiguous if it’s still subject to the annual price rise.

Message 6 of 17

Technically it specifically states £6Δ

Richie_0-1663959680191.png

The Δ clearly states :
ΔThe monthly price shown for BT Broadband, BT Sport (including TV and Sport add-ons) will increase each year from March 2023 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January each year plus 3.9%. See bt.com/prices for details.

It's not hidden away in any small print or terms, it's just below the prices, so I don't see how it's ambiguous when it specifically states the cost will increase every year from March 2023, how else can that be interpreted ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Add BT TV for just £6

Add a BT TV Entertainment package to your Superfast Fibre broadband and pay just £6 for 24 months. That includes Netflix and NOW Entertainment (RRP £9.99 p/m). What’s more, you can choose this TV package now and change it later, that’s the beauty of flexible BT TV.

What about this though?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@-Richie-  I think it should be more clearly stated.

for example.  One interpretation with the wording is that would be that the Broadband  (needed for the BT TV Entertainment package) ,  Any BT Sport or BT TV addons  to the Entertainment package would be subject to the increase.  
If it applies to the base  Entertainment package then really it ought to be made crystal clear.

Message 9 of 17

It is made clear when you take up the contract though, as you say, not at source

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

So your flexible TV Pack is subject to the Annual price rise, but if you take NOW channels, Netflix or Prime video as add-ons, they are not subject to the price rise.So your flexible TV Pack is subject to the Annual price rise, but if you take NOW channels, Netflix or Prime video as add-ons, they are not subject to the price rise.So your flexible tv package is subject to the BT Annual price rise, but NOW channels, Netflix or Prime Video taken as ADD-ONS are exempt from the price rise!