cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Entertainment EXTRA

I received a letter in Jan saying BT are removing the following channels from my packageHISTORY CHANNEL, HISTORY 2, SYFY, E!, CRIME & INVESTIGATION & LIFETIME but said you could just "log into your account & pick the tv package that is right or you".

So I thought this package is £15 & **bleep** anyway, I got made redundant & can't afford it, so I will just downgrade to basic package which was £5 when we joined in Nov 2019.

I just logged in now & there is no option to downgrade, the basic package doesn't seem to exist anymore & to top it all off according to my bill I can't change my package doesn't seem to end till 07 Jan 2022.

Yet my broadband which i set up at the same time (Nov 2019) finishing Jun 2021?

What the hell?

They have the cheek to remove my channels & then add another year onto my contract.

BT are terrible- it took them from Nov 2019 till Jan 2020 to bother to send us the BT box due to "XMAS delays" so i presume this is why but their incompetence & delay is not my issue, what is more why should I have to stay paying for a package that is no longer the same?

Anyone else has this issue?

Surely it is illegal to change packages & then not let people downgrade?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Entertainment EXTRA

@stef_b00wrote:

so I will just downgrade to basic package which was £5 when we joined in Nov 2019.

It no longer exists, BT revamped and changed the TV packages in January 2020, anything before that is no longer sold and no longer an option.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for letting me know re the old packages no longer existing.

But where does that leave me now, why should I continue to pay for a package that has the only channels I wanted- removed?

Surely I can cancel? As they are no longer giving me the service I signed up for...

BT are total rubbish.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I get that you're unhappy but you're just moaning to mostly other customers. The comms should have details to get in touch & look at your options with them including cancellation i believe

Message 5 of 5

Everyone "moans" on these forums in the community of fellow customers, what else are they for?

I was just seeing if anyone had the same issues.

As BT are being unreasonable AGAIN.

If you don't like my "moaning" don't red or reply then.

0 Ratings