cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT TV NOW TV - cannot get 2 streams at once

Go to solution

The official position seems to be that if you have NOW through BT (as I do), then you should be able to get 2 streams simultaneously, so long as the second stream to start is running through the BT Settop unit.

For me, this is not the case. Whatever I do, I can only get one stream. When I try for a second one, I get the 'too many streams' error.

Here's the experiment I just performed (several times over 20 minutes, to be sure).

1) tune the settop box into BBC1

2) start the NOW app on my phone and start streaming an on-demand video

3) go into the NOW app on the settop box, and try to watch a NOW channel - e.g. UK Gold

4) I get the error.

5) exit the NOW app on my phone

6) try to watch Gold on the settop box - it works immediately

I am careful to exit the apps cleanly when I do the above, and reversing the order of the streams gives the same result.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT TV NOW TV - cannot get 2 streams at once

Go to solution

In your step 3

Instead of

3) go into the NOW app on the settop box, and try to watch a NOW channel - e.g. UK Gold

Try watching on the  live channel 343 Now Gold from your box EPG (Guide)

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks..it worked !

So this means you can get 2 streams so long as one of them is a live channel i.e. 2 on demand videos at once is not supported. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Two on demand videos at once is supported as long as you have the Now HD add on.

Like I can watch a movie on demand from Sky Cinema and my sister could be watching a different movie on Sky Cinema on demand or one of the box sets on Now at the same time at her house. Using my account.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks. It looks pretty good to me in the resolution I'm currently getting so i doubt I'll shell out for hd but good to know it comes with that extra benefit.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@msd123 if you have a 4K or large screen HDTV, the Boost in picture quality is amazing with the HD Boost. 

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

our tv is an Argos cheapo from 3 years ago. It mightve passed for HD at the time, but things have moved on. It seemed big when we got it but now looks smallish. Time for an upgrade 🤔?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@msd123 definitely lol... 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Since the recent box update you can no longer record one internet based stream and watch another. Everything breaks up.

Yes BT I have reset it, rebooted it, powered it down, whatever the hell other ‘unplug it and see what happens’ excuse you might have.

But this week, since a box update on a 900MB line, I can’t watch and record NowTV at the same time.

Your move BT.

0 Ratings