Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wraighty46
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT TV Purchases downloading

Go to solution

I can download MY TV purchases on my ipad & iphone but there is no option to do this on my Macbook. The only options given are to add/remove favourite. As I have purchased these films, why can't I download them to my laptop? TBH I can't see why anyone wants to watch a film on a tiny mobile phone screen and my ipad does not have enough memory to hold a complete series of Game of Thrones so it's pretty useless as it is.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV Purchases downloading

Go to solution

@wraighty46 

What Mac OS are you running? Currently Mojave doesnt support Silverlight so this may have something to do with!

0 Ratings
wraighty46
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I have recently switched to Mojave but could not download before that. Back in February I asked a question via email but received no reply. It is related to this so I have pasted part of the mail below.
I purchased a TV series and want to download it on my MAC book

I have installed Silverlight on Safari as it does not work with Chrome and Firefox

I go to BT TV Purchases and View episodes
Problem 1
The Download button here does nothing at all

so I click Watch Now button. The next page also has a Download button.
Clicking that download button takes you to a page which confirms Silverlight is installed but says Desktop Media Player is required.

Problem2
Clicking Install takes you to a popup asking do you want to install?
Click install you get a popup saying access denied
Click that more info button and it goes to Microsoft site about Silverlight problems

(I have downloaded it on my ipad with no problems)

Summary
To download on MAC
You need Silverlight and Desktop Media Player but cannot install the latter.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@wraighty46

As of today, no actively supported web browser on macOS Mojave can run the current Silverlight plugin (neither Safari, Chrome nor Firefox). The culprit is the technology the plugin is based on: NPAPI, which has been deprecated in all major browsers because of security concerns, the latest of them being Safari with version 12.

I believe if you search the web you can find some work arounds with risk...

0 Ratings
wraighty46
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
OK thank you for your fast response.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@wraighty46

I think its something that BT are looking at, as a Mac user myself I am hoping that they bring out a Mac App. Until then its Apple TV and BT TV App Extra.

0 Ratings